Oil temperature sensor

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Damn that doesn’t sound very easy to get to. Probably take an afternoon to tear into it. So where do I find a new sensor?
Actually that’s easy to get to. Unfortunately I read your post wrong. That one is the coolant temp sensor. The one you need is under the intake manifold. Need to remove the intake and possible the oil filter housing. Can’t remember for sure. It’s a half day worth or work. Maybe look at replacing the whole filter housing while you have it in there.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well damn. I’ve got no way of pulling the motor out. Guess I’ll search the YouTube mechanics videos to find out what I’ve gotta do.
No you don’t pull the motor out. I had a motor out when I took those pictures. You pull the intake manifold off the top of the motor.
6AF71571-1B8F-4EF1-A820-76C1A29EE278.jpeg

ScottofKSU

Caught the Bug
I have one of the oil coolers new in the box for 12 and 13 models, if you need it - since I believe they are still on nationwide back order! I ordered it months ago thinking it was my cooler leaking before I realized it was something else. Might also consider changing the plugs while you have the intake off, unless you already did so recently...

Top Bottom