Offset

Zonk

I would appreciate any guidance/links on offset folks are willing to share. Especially around what to consider when going 33" to 35" tire, wheel choice, and possibly future lift. I don't want to incorrectly upgrade tires and wheels today and only find it out when I try and add lift in the future.

Thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE. Discount Tire posted up a great article awhile back explaining offset and backspacing extremely well. I'll try to find it and post it up.

With that said, most aftermarket wheels that you'll want to be looking at will be measured in backspacing. Factory wheels have 6.25" of backspacing and you'll want less than that to help clear bigger and wider tires. 5.5" less is where you'll want to be at minimum and the most common backspacing will be 3.5". Anything in between will get the job done.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
I would appreciate any guidance/links on offset folks are willing to share. Especially around what to consider when going 33" to 35" tire, wheel choice, and possibly future lift. I don't want to incorrectly upgrade tires and wheels today and only find it out when I try and add lift in the future.

Thanks in advance

Your profile says that you have a toyota. Do you have a Jeep as well? If so, what model? That would be helpful info as well as many members here have been down certain paths.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom