Officially placed the order for my Jeep today!

Squid

Great news! Our house sold earlier this week and we went this morning to order our new Jeeps! I ordered a Gladiator rubicon diesel and my wife ordered a Grand Cherokee. Next up I'm going to order the teraflex leveling kit for the front and a 3/4" spacer for the rear so I can run 37's while I save up for a proper lift(What can I say I'm impatient lol) But now comes the hard part, waiting the 4~8 weeks for the truck to come in.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Congratulations. I second on going with anything over Teraflex. Maybe even just wait til you get the one you really want. Buy once cry once.

Squid

So what's the deal with teraflex? And I guess I should clarify, I’m just doing a spacer kit to start(again, I’m impatient and didn’t buy a Jeep to leave it stock lol) but could someone at least elaborate on teraflex rather than just, “It sucks”.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Congratulations on the Jeep order! I hope you enjoy your diesel Rubicon Gladiator as much as we enjoy ours. I have never owned a Grand Cherokee so I have no experience there, however I hope you enjoy it also.

Squid

Okay that explains a lot. I’ll probably end up going with the metal cloak with king adjustable shocks. My biggest concern is the rear end weight will vary as I build out. I plan on running a decked, rebel half rack, and an ikamper mini. Since I live in an apt the tent will have to live on the truck full time but I won’t always keep my gear on the rack and what goes in the decked will change depending on if I’m in town or going on a trip.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Okay that explains a lot. I’ll probably end up going with the metal cloak with king adjustable shocks. My biggest concern is the rear end weight will vary as I build out. I plan on running a decked, rebel half rack, and an ikamper mini. Since I live in an apt the tent will have to live on the truck full time but I won’t always keep my gear on the rack and what goes in the decked will change depending on if I’m in town or going on a trip.
You have been reading a lot on other forums clearly and letting marketing suck you in. Metalcloak is trash too.

Dale72

Hooked
Everything is on back order right now. You are going to be waiting for Kings for close to a year, so just order a top of the line lift. And from what I have been seeing EVO is the only one who has springs made for a diesel engine other than the Mopar 2 inch lift

Bear_JT

Hooked
Agreed ^ I’ve only seen EVO with diesel specific springs. Teraflex used to be decent way back like in the early TJ days. Since then they’ve turned to trash. Metal cloak just seems like hype to me. I don’t think you can find better than EVO.

Squid

Everything is on back order right now. You are going to be waiting for Kings for close to a year, so just order a top of the line lift. And from what I have been seeing EVO is the only one who has springs made for a diesel engine other than the Mopar 2 inch lift
So, if I went with the stage 4 enforcer kit, are the evo bilstein shocks good or is there another alternative to the Kings?

Dale72

Hooked
So, if I went with the stage 4 enforcer kit, are the evo bilstein shocks good or is there another alternative to the Kings?
The bilstein shocks that comes in the stage 4 are designed for the evo lifts. Evo started offering bilstein shocks because of the kings being so behind

Bear_JT

Hooked
I think you would be happy with the Bilstein’s that EVO is selling with their kits. EVO isn’t going to sell anything that is junk.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
The bilstein shocks that comes in the stage 4 are designed for the evo lifts. Evo started offering bilstein shocks because of the kings being so behind
What Dale said 👆👆I've also ran Rancho shocks with Evo's enforcer kit and it ran pretty smooth out in the desert. Although it was back when I had a JK.

Top Bottom