Northern Lights

Jsouder53

Hooked
Anyone able to see them tonight? IMG_4554.jpg

I think the chance is high tomorrow night as well. Hopefully I will be able to then, never seen it before.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Too much cloud cover here in Winnipeg (red dot) but I have seen them on several occasions while camping away from the city lights and also when I was in the area of Churchill (yellow dot) IMG_2698.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Looks like I might be a little too far South, but we are planning a short drive to a rural park for tonight with the hopes of seeing it. It’s been 25 years since I’ve last seen it and I was 100 miles further North. They are spectacular so I hope you get a chance to see it!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Too much cloud cover here in Winnipeg (red dot) but I have seen them on several occasions while camping away from the city lights and also when I was in the area of Churchill (yellow dot) View attachment 333856

Sounds like I’ll have to make a drive next time they are this way. I’m already outside of the city at least, and I think the city even turned its lights off last night in an effort to make it darker which was cool.

Looks like I might be a little too far South, but we are planning a short drive to a rural park for tonight with the hopes of seeing it. It’s been 25 years since I’ve last seen it and I was 100 miles further North. They are spectacular so I hope you get a chance to see it!

That will be fun! Hopefully you can see it! Last night was a bust, was up till 3 looking. Hopefully it comes back around tonight.

Elroy231

I was fortunate enough to see them about 8 or 9 years ago. My neighbor came knocking on my door telling me to come out and look. Very glad I did come out. Amazing show.
Hope you all get a view!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I’ve been wanting to see these since I was a kid. Gonna have to make a trip up North because they don’t ever seem to visit Texas. [emoji23]

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
It can be a spectacular show at times, seen rhe lights a few times living up in Northern Michigan. 👍

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That will be fun! Hopefully you can see it! Last night was a bust, was up till 3 looking. Hopefully it comes back around tonight.

Unfortunately it’s looking like we are going to be too far south. According to this map we both would need the intensity (Kp) to be 6.5 or so to see something.

IMG_9547.JPG

At this time my forecast is about 4.

If you’re interested, check out this link for your forecast:

https://cdn.softservenews.com/Aurora.htm

jdofmemi

I remember once or twice seeing them from high in the Northern Colorado mountains.
They were very faint, but still impressive.

Jsouder53

Hooked
The northern lights made an appearance to my backyard today! This got my wife on board for my idea to drive the Dempster Highway when the kids are old enough lol

Attachments

• IMG_2037.jpeg
    IMG_2037.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2036.jpeg
    IMG_2036.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2034.jpeg
    IMG_2034.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2027.png
    IMG_2027.png
    354 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
The northern lights made an appearance to my backyard today! This got my wife on board for my idea to drive the Dempster Highway when the kids are old enough lol
Nice…you can get an incredible view of them in Iceland…unfortunately the best time to view them there is why it’s called Iceland…

Jsouder53

Hooked
Nice…you can get an incredible view of them in Iceland…unfortunately the best time to view them there is why it’s called Iceland…
I would love to go to Iceland one day especially at a time of year where they are very visible. They were great to see last night, but these were taken with a 10s shutter on my phone. I would love to see them without any light pollution.
Very cool! I would so love to see that!
it was definitely on my bucket list! I’m so glad I got the notification that they were visible.

duktrx

...it was definitely on my bucket list! I’m so glad I got the notification that they were visible.

I heard that they were going to be visible down into parts of Oregon last night; unfortunately, the cloud cover last night obscured them. Someday...

Top Bottom