Noob Here, New to Jeeps, Old Gear Head

fachidsey0144

Hey all,

Thanks for having us here, I have been binge watching WayaLife videos for the past couple of weeks and love the content (Thanks Eddie). In April my wife picked out (found a used one with 10K on the bible) a 2021 FireCracker Red JL wrangler Oscar Mike edition 4 cly Turbo. This is our first Wrangler previously I had a 2015 Grand Cherokee that I loved, but that was traded in 2020 for a 21 Ram 2500 Cummins as we decided to purchase a 5th wheel toy hauler. Anyway, so back to our first Jeep, In July, we planned a camping trip to Bueno Vista Colorado (about 2 hours from our home) and with a friend, (experienced wheeler and Jeeper) we tackled China-man's Gulch, with only sustaining minor scratches to the running boards.

Something came over me during this blast of a trip, and I have the obsessive compulsive behavior to make her Jeep as off road capable as we possible can. Lucky for me she is on board, during the wheeling adventure I made her drive and I think she caught the bug too. Nothing like camping in a remote location stepping out cooking breakfast and hitting the trail. I think the 18 year old boy in me that use to drag race a 68 Chevelle emerged again.

So far there have not been many mods, the Jeep was well equipped with 36" tires, Steel front bumper, Fox shocks for jeep, appears to me to be about a 3" suspension lift, and the Oscar Mike Trim and badging.

I have just added JKS swaybar disconnects (added yesterday)
DV8 Sliders (comes today)

Plans for
a Winch, not sure which one or when we will get it, really the only thing I have narrowed down is that it will be a synthetic tow line
Steel rear bumper
Some type of locker??

Other things we have done for prepping for our adventures are
Kinetic tow line
Multiple types nylon tow lines/ tree savers
Soft Shackles
portable 12 volt compressor
Air down Kit.
a plethora of tools for trail fixes
I still have a few things to prep for such as liquids and other MISC things. (I am open to suggestions here)

Some goals I have is to learn more about how her vehicle is equipped for differentials I know they are Dana's just not sure how they slip, I know they are not open, but I have seen them lock on the trail (I also not they are not lockers)

The attached picture is from Mt. Princeton Trail in Bueno Vista (same trip as previously mentioned above, but all fire road driving)

Thanks for having us.

Fred

Attachments

• IMG_4962.JPG
    IMG_4962.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom