Noise when breaking

So I am running PR60's front and rear with oversized breaks, 8-Lug, etc. My front brakes squeal horribly every time they are pressed. My rear brakes are fine its just my fronts. I have replaced pads, bled brakes, checked shims to make sure they are not reversed / flipped / missing or touching rotors, etc. I had my rotors turned with less than 1000 miles on them and it finally stopped for about 3 days but then it returned. Braking seems fine it has a soft pedal but my thoughts are this is due to the master cylinder with the bigger brakes. Any thoughts, tips or tricks? Thanks!

Oh and welcome to WOL...:thumb:

JaySC

Subscribed. The noises got so loud I had to take it back to get it looked at. After new pads were installed by Dynatrac, I still have some noise. Jeep is back at Off Road Evolution and I hope to have it fixed.

David1tontj

Hmmmm... I'm in a tj, but it was fine when I went to the bigger 1 ton axles... I know this might seem obvious, but did you put silicone or grease on the backs of the pads?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Hmmmm... I'm in a tj, but it was fine when I went to the bigger 1 ton axles... I know this might seem obvious, but did you put silicone or grease on the backs of the pads?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

The first install was from dynatrac directly the second set was from a local shop here and yes they did I watched the entire swap. I wanted someone else to take a look after I spent hours scratching my head on it.

We have recently become aware of this, and are looking into the root cause. Our apologies for the inconvenience it has caused. At the moment it affects only a few customers. In any case we are working on a way to determine the cause and provide a solution.

We will work with any customer covered under warranty, one on one until we find a resolution. If you have not already done so please contact customer support directly at 714-596-4461 x-202. For us to track affected customers it is important that we log your case in our system. You may also email Rob in Customer Service at rbrewer@dynatrac.com. If needed we will coordinate with OREvo in the process.

We have recently become aware of this, and are looking into the root cause. Our apologies for the inconvenience it has caused. At the moment it affects only a few customers. In any case we are working on a way to determine the cause and provide a solution.

We will work with any customer covered under warranty, one on one until we find a resolution. If you have not already done so please contact customer support directly at 714-596-4461 x-202. For us to track affected customers it is important that we log your case in our system. You may also email Rob in Customer Service at rbrewer@dynatrac.com. If needed we will coordinate with OREvo in the process.

Thank you for the info.

ttfhell

I'm dealing with the same issue but scuffed up and re-applied a bunch of anti-squeak to all the pads. I'll let you know if it lasts.
Thanks
Russ
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389035923.829966.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389035947.644687.jpg

So I got new ceramic brake pads and put them in Monday both front and rear. I had to turn my rotors again (about 3 passes each on fronts and 1 pass on the rears) to clean up the warping/strange wear from the old pads.

As of now all noise is gone, there doesn't seem to be any strange wear patterns showing like the old pads did, just yet. Braking feels a lot more even with these pads, I'm sure turning the rotors helped that too but I can tell a difference nonetheless.

As of now I feel really good about this issue being solved thanks for the help from Robert at Dynatrac! I will post if anything changes but let's hope not :thumb:

JaySC

Reviving this old thread. After having my Dynatrac brakes scuffed, the noise disappeared but after a couple of weeks, it has come back full force again...and is annoyingly loud.

Anyone else still dealing with the noise issues?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Reviving this old thread. After having my Dynatrac brakes scuffed, the noise disappeared but after a couple of weeks, it has come back full force again...and is annoyingly loud.

Anyone else still dealing with the noise issues?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

So I got my third set of brakes from Dynatrac. I've ran them for about 2 weeks now and no sounds at all. The past two sets really warped and messed up my rotors but so far these ones have been flawless. I would reach out to Robert at Dynatrac he was great to deal with.

JaySC

Ok thanks. I'm on my second set of brakes. Are there any changes to the new brakes you received? Also, we are talking about only the front rotors, right?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. I'm on my second set of brakes. Are there any changes to the new brakes you received? Also, we are talking about only the front rotors, right?

They are ceramic pads this time. No I had "damage", warping, etc on all four. The fronts were by far the worse and the bulk of the issues. I believe they sent me the rears to make sure.

JaySC

Great thanks! I'll give Robert a call tomorrow. Appreciate the help.

Tag92yj

Just wondering if any of you have thought to put anti sieze compound on the surfaces of the pad backing plate where they contact the stainless steel anti rattle shim. Most noises are caused by the steel plate vibrating on 'dry' shims. This is a common problem up here in BC. Oh, and just be careful not to get any on the pad material.

Just wondering if any of you have thought to put anti sieze compound on the surfaces of the pad backing plate where they contact the stainless steel anti rattle shim. Most noises are caused by the steel plate vibrating on 'dry' shims. This is a common problem up here in BC.

Yep tried when I swapped to second set of pads (at the recommendation of the shop I had turn my rotors). So far these pads have been great. No noises, squeaks, flutters, etc. I believe it was related to the pads at this point.

Top Bottom