Nitto Recon

JWasko

Caught the Bug
Anyone running the new Recon's by Nitto? Recon 315/70/17 116T SL BSW 67lbs compared to the Grappler 315/70/17 121Q E2 BSW 71lbs

The Recon Grappler is a new All Terrain by Nitto, and it seems like an alternative to their long running Terra Grappler. It also seems to mimic parent company Toyo's Open Country R/T, and serve as a middle ground or "hybrid" when it comes to All Terrain and Mud Terrain.

My dad has always run and still currently runs the Terra Grappler on his truck, now in its "G2" generation They've all worn super well and provide decent enough traction (as much expected from an All Terrain) on light trails.

As far as the Recon goes, I work at a tire shop and have NEVER sold a single one. Everyone seems to opt for the much more aggressive looking and performance proven Ridge Grappler when they want an all around capable tire that can fall into either the all terrain or mud terrain category.

If you're in the market for an All Terrain tire, one that wears well, quiet, and still performs where it needs to Off Road, I'd go with Nitto's Ridge Grappler. If you want even more off road capability, as in Mud Terrains, Nitto makes my all time favorite tire, the Trail Grappler.

Upvote 0

JWasko

Caught the Bug
That correlates with what I've found researching, and the lack of any feedback so far on the Recon's. I've typically not been a big subscriber in first generation products, and prefer something that's tried and true. Figured it didn't hurt to ask, but after I get the lift installed this weekend will just stick with ordering the Ridge Grapplers as originally planned.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom