New Build

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Some time has passed now since the incident with our previous Jeep was lost to fire. We are starting to get the itch to get back out there again, albeit still nervous about owning a JK now.

Just daydreaming for now, but if I do decide to rebuild, trying to figure out a direction to go.

'07-'11 vs '12 or newer....

Simple build on 35's, which is really enough to get us almost anywhere. I kind of feel like my man card should be questioned, but at some point do I really need 37in or larger tires which make most off roading relatively easy.....

Or build back on 37's kinda Rubicat-esque.....

Or give a big ole F U to that fire and go all out, 40's, DTD, Axles, etc, etc.....

Hmmm, well here's to daydreaming.

Army_Vet

Banned
Some time has passed now since the incident with our previous Jeep was lost to fire. We are starting to get the itch to get back out there again, albeit still nervous about owning a JK now.

Just daydreaming for now, but if I do decide to rebuild, trying to figure out a direction to go.

'07-'11 vs '12 or newer....

Simple build on 35's, which is really enough to get us almost anywhere. I kind of feel like my man card should be questioned, but at some point do I really need 37in or larger tires which make most off roading relatively easy.....

Or build back on 37's kinda Rubicat-esque.....

Or give a big ole F U to that fire and go all out, 40's, DTD, Axles, etc, etc.....

Hmmm, well here's to daydreaming.
I say bad ass CJ; but thats just my vote

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
If it were me.... Buy an insurance theft recovery or something similar, and do a winter build .... Then what are you out? Pure trail rig, pick up the rock jock 60 in Oxnard that's on craigslist.. Ect if I had it to do over again, I would go that route, build what I want, how I want an not have a 40k stock new jeep, and add 30k of parts, cause everyone knows how fast all the $70k rigs sell.... Said no one ever. At least that way you don't care if it gets beat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
If it were me.... Buy an insurance theft recovery or something similar, and do a winter build .... Then what are you out? Pure trail rig, pick up the rock jock 60 in Oxnard that's on craigslist.. Ect if I had it to do over again, I would go that route, build what I want, how I want an not have a 40k stock new jeep, and add 30k of parts, cause everyone knows how fast all the $70k rigs sell.... Said no one ever. At least that way you don't care if it gets beat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

Yeah that's always part of the problem, the numbers start getting wayyy big in a hurry and you start looking around at other items you could get for the same $.

I definitely have thought about just buying the cheapest JKU I could find for basically a frame.

Tree Frog

I am just glad to see you even THINKING of doing your next Jeep. At first it kind of sounded like your done will all of it, and I don't really blame you. But like a lot of guys said on here pretty much every thing with a motor or engine can catch on fire. Heck there even electric cars that are going up. (notice I did not mention any brand names)

However your little Jeep BBQ really got me thinking about fire suppression systems. The cost of a good system is really not too bad and is going to be a future mod of mine. I already have a five pound bottle in the rig now.

I love watching builds so keep us informed.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I am just glad to see you even THINKING of doing your next Jeep. At first it kind of sounded like your done will all of it, and I don't really blame you. But like a lot of guys said on here pretty much every thing with a motor or engine can catch on fire. Heck there even electric cars that are going up. (notice I did not mention any brand names)

However your little Jeep BBQ really got me thinking about fire suppression systems. The cost of a good system is really not too bad and is going to be a future mod of mine. I already have a five pound bottle in the rig now.

I love watching builds so keep us informed.

Thanks. Yeah there are some good looking suppression systems out there that really aren't that expensive at about 500-600 dollars. If I get back in, I will definitely be going for the most bad ass system I can get my hands on.

pvanweelden

Glad to read that you are thinking about what to build again, my vote is for 35-37, so you keep most trails with some challenges :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom