Need input on replacement lift

jkris

So here I am getting ready to drop some coin on a new lift. Replacing my Teraflex 2.5 BB. My front is sagging pretty good and really I could use the uptravel now. I am wanting to get around 2.5 to preferably 3". I have a 2 dr with front and rear bumpers replaced and winch.
Now I have narrowed down my choices to three lifts which all come with most stuff.
The limit for the budget is $1400 max. But the better I do at saving means more money for Disney for the kids.
1st choice (the one I am eyeballing most): Rancho 3" Trail Kit (has linear springs) paired with Rancho 9000 Shocks. Comes with front lower and rear upper control arms, front extended brake lines, front track bar and rear track bar bracket.Around $1450

2nd choice: Rancho sport 3-3.5" Sport Kit (progressive springs) with added Rancho control arm drop bracket and Rancho 9000 shocks. Comes with front extended brake lines, track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket. No disconnects. Around $1300 altogether.

3rd choice: JKS 2.5 JSPEC comes with Fox Adventure series shocks, quick disconnects, track bar, brake line relocation brackets, rear track bar bracket. Add Control arm brackets for around $1300.

4th choice (and last place): Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex (progressive springs). Comes with front extended brake lines, front disconnects, front lower control arms, rear track bar bracket. No bumpstops. Probably reuse mine for the time being. Around $1250 with Bilstein 5100 or $1400 with Fox IPF Performance shocks. I know the issues surrounding their joints which is why I have it last place. If I do go RK I will eventually get all 4 Currie arms and sell the lower fronts to someone.

Whew, ok give me your thoughts or experiences with these products. I really need input. I already have 1 vote for Rancho (thank you WJCO!).

Edit: All these will be upgraded as needed. I have not met anyone who has ran JKS or Rancho so I have 0 experience with their ride or quality.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Notnalc you run a two door right? Do you have a pic if you do?

I'm in a JKUR, now. I'll find a pic. Draconianwinter has a good looking setup, with 2" EVO front coils, and 1.75" rear spacers. If you want a ride comparable to EVO, stick with Rancho, although you may get 4" of lift. A little birdie told me, if you can hang on until March, the Rancho system may be even more appealing.

jkris

That's why I'm impatiently waiting ;) I am just making sure I am making a solid decision before I kick myself in the ass and feel like I wasted money.

Thanks for your input Notnalc68! Much appreciated!

Last edited:

notnalc68

This is Draconianwinter's rig, 2" EVO front coils, 1.75" rear spacers.
IMG_8372.JPG

This is mine, no lift & 33" tires
IMG_8373.JPG

This is mine with 2.5" front spacers, and 1" rear.
IMG_8374.JPG

This is my Frankenlift. Since I had the EVO coils, I bought OME rear coils. If you were to choose all OME, don't get the heavy duty ones.
IMG_8375.JPG

Keep in mind, my tires were 285/75R16. Also, keep an eye on the front drive shaft boot, when you get over 3". If you run a 3" Rancho, you'll probably be at least 4", depending on bumpers & such, but if you run 35's it should look fine. You will eventually need an aftermarket driveshaft.

notnalc68

I think the Rancho 3" would have you looking about just like benatc1's rig. I have it on good authority, that the Rancho lift will ride very similar to EVO. The control arms don't have Johnny joints, like EVO, but it's still a very good product, and getting the shocks with it makes it a real deal.

jkris

So I just realized the Rancho has adjustable uppers front and rear. Should I look at getting the front lower too to correct caster? I might be able to swing it depending how much it is.

notnalc68

So here I am getting ready to drop some coin on a new lift. Replacing my Teraflex 2.5 BB. My front is sagging pretty good and really I could use the uptravel now. I am wanting to get around 2.5 to preferably 3". I have a 2 dr with front and rear bumpers replaced and winch.
Now I have narrowed down my choices to three lifts which all come with most stuff.
The limit for the budget is $1400 max. But the better I do at saving means more money for Disney for the kids.
1st choice (the one I am eyeballing most): Rancho 3" Trail Kit (has linear springs) paired with Rancho 9000 Shocks. Comes with front lower and rear upper control arms, front extended brake lines, front track bar and rear track bar bracket.Around $1450

2nd choice: Rancho sport 3-3.5" Sport Kit (progressive springs) with added Rancho control arm drop bracket and Rancho 9000 shocks. Comes with front extended brake lines, track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket. No disconnects. Around $1300 altogether.

3rd choice: JKS 2.5 JSPEC comes with Fox Adventure series shocks, quick disconnects, track bar, brake line relocation brackets, rear track bar bracket. Add Control arm brackets for around $1300.

4th choice (and last place): Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex (progressive springs). Comes with front extended brake lines, front disconnects, front lower control arms, rear track bar bracket. No bumpstops. Probably reuse mine for the time being. Around $1250 with Bilstein 5100 or $1400 with Fox IPF Performance shocks. I know the issues surrounding their joints which is why I have it last place. If I do go RK I will eventually get all 4 Currie arms and sell the lower fronts to someone.

Whew, ok give me your thoughts or experiences with these products. I really need input. I already have 1 vote for Rancho (thank you WJCO!).

Edit: All these will be upgraded as needed. I have not met anyone who has ran JKS or Rancho so I have 0 experience with their ride or quality.

Here you go....

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-system-with-progressive-coils-front-and-rear!

Top Bottom