Need immediate help troubleshooting!

ScoobyCarolanNC

I'm out at a marsh & just finished a terrible goose hunt. Put the key in the Jeep & she rolls over fine, but there are no lights on the dash and the wipers are on high despite the stalk being off. What the F do I do now?

Sent from my duck blind.

WJCO

Meme King
Check for water around TIPM/fuse box. My guess is water is shorting something. Keep us posted.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Totally dry no water at all. Not even a puddle. Thanks fellas. I'll keep you posted after I pull the battery.

Sent from my duck blind.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Id pull the battery cables off for a few minutes and reset it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh boy Scooby. Is it parked in water? Can you push it to dry land and let her dry out for a bit?

That was my thoughts too, hope it fixes it up

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Check for water around TIPM/fuse box. My guess is water is shorting something. Keep us posted.

^ A quick Google search confirmed that this fixed it for a lot of people.

That did it! Thanks fellas!

Sent from my duck blind.

ScoobyCarolanNC

So I'm back home. My fuse box was totally dry & covered so I'm a little spooked as to why this would happen. At least all I had to do was take the negative off to reset it. The positive was well stuck on and all I had was a leatherman!

I've had the window thing before. Just shutting the Jeep off then on reset that. This wouldn't. I was solidly freaked out. Thanks again everyone.

Oh, one last note. Don't try to use Bing as a search engine for Jeep issues. I'm switching back to google.

Sent from my duck blind.

CharlesC

Just curious, how old is your battery? Reason I ask is that I am running the original battery, bought new in '13. Just want to be prepared when these gremlins take ahold of mine🥃

ScoobyCarolanNC

Just curious, how old is your battery? Reason I ask is that I am running the original battery, bought new in '13. Just want to be prepared when these gremlins take ahold of mine🥃

3 months old. This was definitely fuse and/or ECU related. You're probably about due to replace it. If you go to advance auto parts they can test it & give you an idea how good it looks. I was not in the mood to drop $140 when mine went.

Sent from my duck blind.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
So I'm back home. My fuse box was totally dry & covered so I'm a little spooked as to why this would happen. At least all I had to do was take the negative off to reset it. The positive was well stuck on and all I had was a leatherman!

I've had the window thing before. Just shutting the Jeep off then on reset that. This wouldn't. I was solidly freaked out. Thanks again everyone.

Oh, one last note. Don't try to use Bing as a search engine for Jeep issues. I'm switching back to google.

Sent from my duck blind.

Have you ever had to reboot your computer at home for seemingly no reason - just freezes up? It happens but we're usually more forgiving of Windows than Jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom