Name that squeak! (Please help)

I’ve been trying to remedy this little chirp for nearly a year and can’t figure it out.

it’s something in the brakes, primarily the drivers side. It only happens when the front brakes are applied and the vehicle is shifted from reverse to drive or park to drive. It doesn’t matter if I jam the pedal as hard as possible or apply normal pressure. What does prevent the noise during shift is applying the parking brake and letting off the pedal. This confirms it’s in the front brake system somewhere. I’ve grease everything I can find and it doesn’t seem to remedy it.

thanks for any help!

jeeeep

Hooked
I get that on my 2018, only thing I can figure it a caliper is sticking.

Doesn't happen often and haven't bothered to try and chase it down.

I get that on my 2018, only thing I can figure it a caliper is sticking.

Doesn't happen often and haven't bothered to try and chase it down.
It honestly sounds to me like the brake hardware kit making weird noises. Sure wish I could track it down.

jeeeep

Hooked
It honestly sounds to me like the brake hardware kit making weird noises. Sure wish I could track it down.
possible the slide pin is dry or sticking. that may explain why I think it's the caliper...
dammit, now I need to check it out.
I'm swapping wheels with my JK so it'll be a good time to turn it into a several hour job 😂

possible the slide pin is dry or sticking. that may explain why I think it's the caliper...
dammit, now I need to check it out.
I'm swapping wheels with my JK so it'll be a good time to turn it into a several hour job 😂
Yeah, I don’t think it’s possible for me to grease those slide pins any more. I’ve even tried multiple types of grease. Fingers crossed 🤞

Top Bottom