Monument Valley

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Some of you may be aware that all the Navajo lands are currently closed due to the Covid. We were planning to drive down there one day when we are in Moab. Chances are high, they will still be closed in Septemeber. Do any of you know, if you can see the valley from outside the reservation? I do want to see it with my own eyes if possible.

jdofmemi

The valley is huge, but then so is the Rez.

I'm sure you could see some, but without driving all the way through, I'm not sure how much. I just checked the map to confirm, all the really good views are well within the Rez.

That said, I think the state highways going through may be open, and you can get some great views without leaving the road.

I want to follow up on that, as I was thinking about driving out that way on the way to Moab, just because of the views.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
The valley is huge, but then so is the Rez.

I'm sure you could see some, but without driving all the way through, I'm not sure how much. I just checked the map to confirm, all the really good views are well within the Rez.

That said, I think the state highways going through may be open, and you can get some great views without leaving the road.

I want to follow up on that, as I was thinking about driving out that way on the way to Moab, just because of the views.

Cool. I presume you’re going out in August for EvsW? Let me know what you discover.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
We drive through there on the way to Moab each year and while the views are nice from the highway it definitely isn’t worth driving down there from Moab with everything closed up and no tours available. In my opinion Moab is much more beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
We drive through there on the way to Moab each year and while the views are nice from the highway it definitely isn’t worth driving down there from Moab with everything closed up and no tours available. In my opinion Moab is much more beautiful.

I would have to agree. The best views are had driving through the park. If it isn’t open I don’t think the trip would be worth it.

FREE2GO

Hi, everyone.

I just joined, and the WAYALIFE videos inspired me to get out on the trails. I saw this thread and thought I would share some photos from a trip I took with my club a few years ago. It was the first time on the trails for me and Jax (my silver JK). Talk about a steep learning curve, but I am ready for more. [emoji846][emoji111]

Jennifer, Jax, and Tucker (Jeep Pup) 20200821_153041.jpg 20200828_160034.jpeg 20200828_160023.jpeg 20200828_155945.jpeg IMG_20200321_092913_202.jpeg IMG_20200212_182738_695.jpg IMG_20200111_180917_467.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom