Mojave Road October...ish

Brewman

I would like run the Mojave Road sometime soon. October - November if anyone is interested. I have never been out there so I rather go with other people. Would like to maybe meet up in Laughlin on a Friday then hit the trail saturday morning, camp sat night and then finish the trip and head back to so cal Sunday afternoon. My dates are open except for the weekend of Oct 5-6. Any takers?

For the people that have been out there is this a good time or bad time of year to go out there?

OK November 9th it is.

Going:
1. Brewman
2. Rubicrawl
3. MC2003TJ

Maybe:
1. Jesse 0920
2. JKJurny

Last edited:

rubicrawl

Hey what's up brotha but Ive been wanting to do this run in a long time ill join you but I think maybe late October or early nov sounds good what about nov 9th weekend

MC2003TJ

I have been wanting to do that trail for 20 plus years and was planning on doing it this year. Count me in. I actually have an old detailed book and maps for this trail written by Dennis Caspear. Not sure about the spelling of his last name. It would be nice get some GPS coordinates also. Calendar is open for that time.

jkjurny

Just for JKs only? Would like to come, but my cousins run Toyotas. My brother runs a Jeep Commander.

jesse3638

Hooked
Just an FYI you can only have 6 rigs and 15 people before you need a permit to run it.

This is correct, it is a National Park Service requirement to obtain a special use permit once you party includes 7 vehicles or 15 participants. So technically you can run with 6 vehicles and 14 participants. I work for the BLM and asked around the office about this and on BLM lands there are no such requirement. I happened to track down the information with regards to the special use permit required by the NPS and found this link: http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/permits.htm I'm very interested in coming along also so please keep me post on dates. Hope this info helps.

rubicrawl

Oh wow I didn't know this that's good to know yes I also have some Offroad books on this trail but we should get a count on who's going for sure so we can get this permit if we end up being more than that count for the permit I'm in

MTG

Caught the Bug
It might be $50.00 for the permit fee. $69.00 is what it costs just to apply for the permit.

:eek: How much is the processing fee for the $69.00 application to the apply for the permit that is $50? :idontknow:

RockyJk

Shindiggity and I were talking a out this the other day we are thinking of running it mid november

Last edited:

crowrb29

Mid novemberish would be good. Great for temperate weather. Might get slightly cold at night though. Nothing a good sleeping bag wouldn't prevent though.

Brewman

This is correct, it is a National Park Service requirement to obtain a special use permit once you party includes 7 vehicles or 15 participants. So technically you can run with 6 vehicles and 14 participants. I work for the BLM and asked around the office about this and on BLM lands there are no such requirement. I happened to track down the information with regards to the special use permit required by the NPS and found this link: http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/permits.htm I'm very interested in coming along also so please keep me post on dates. Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the link. I will look into this further. Once we get a head count we can figure out what we need to do.

Top Bottom