Modified Floor Jack and New Jack Stands

Jeeper99

I was tiring of messing around trying to get my JLUR and GMC pickup jacked high enough to do work under it. Additionally, I'm about to lift my JLUR and put 37s on it. So, jacking it will be an issue.

I decided to modify my 3 ton aluminum jack. I have a couple others that are steel, a Sunex 6602LP, which I think is good for 23", and another standard 3 1/2 ton that can get to about 18-19".

Here's the mods. I machined a puck to bolt to the jack pad, then cut a piece of 4" O.D. aluminum pipe x 1/4" wall and turned each end square, then the upper pad simply drops in the pipe to a shoulder and it's threaded to bolt on attachments like an axle saddle or frame saddle.

jack 1b.jpg jack 2.jpg 20220827_112202.jpg

Attachments

• 20220827_112202.jpg
    20220827_112202.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Jeeper99

Look for the stands to have a ASME PASE 2019 compliant marking. The CE marking means it's "Conformite Europeene" or conforms to EU standards for health and safety. 20220821_142852.jpg

Last edited:

BlackKnight

I actually went with the 2.5-ton aluminum floor jack from the Harbor Freight and added the 911 Motorsports kit. Makes it a lot like the ProEagle jacks, but a lot of $$$$ less...
I go the kit that came with the replacement plate (adds ~2-3" to the stock), and with 6" and 11" extenders, 6" wheels, and a skid plate (for off-road Sand/Snow/Lose soil use.

Attachments

• IMG_3336.jpeg
    IMG_3336.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Jeeper99

I got my first chance to use the jack and stands yesterday. I wanted to change the newly installed Wilwood pads on my truck, because I wasn't happy with the compound. The jack was perfect, since I had made the extension specifically for the truck's height.

The stands were rock solid and have small increments of height adjustment, because of how they alternate the holes in the stem. Every other hole is crossways, allowing a close spacing without sacrificing strength. The base of the stand is broad enough for the height and the vehicle feels solid when setting on the stand. I like these Martin Ind. stands. Stay away from the ratchet style stands.

Top Bottom