Mo-Tech LT1: Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge Option? Dual or single?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
So I was planning a 6.4 Hemi swap for my 2009 JKU, however after some research I’m looking at going with a Mo-Tech Gen 5 LT1 swap.

One of the options is an Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge which makes sense, however should I get the dual or single gauge set up?

Also, Camaro fan or JL fan? I need maximum cooling.

Additionally, which Atlas T-case ratio for 40-inch tires with 5.13 gears?

I appreciate your advice!

JT@623

Hooked
So I was planning a 6.4 Hemi swap for my 2009 JKU, however after some research I’m looking at going with a Mo-Tech Gen 5 LT1 swap.

One of the options is an Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge which makes sense, however should I get the dual or single gauge set up?

Get the camaro fan and the single Aero Force is fine I have one and you can monitor everything needed. Robbie has a gear ratio he has built for the atlas that works with the 8 or 10 speed . 5:13 should be fine for 40’s and a v-8 . Talk with Robbie he knows what works. I’m running 4:10’s and 37’s and couldn’t be happier.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Get the camaro fan and the single Aero Force is fine I have one and you can monitor everything needed. Robbie has a gear ratio he has built for the atlas that works with the 8 or 10 speed . 5:13 should be fine for 40’s and a v-8 . Talk with Robbie he knows what works. I’m running 4:10’s and 37’s and couldn’t be happier.

Thanks for advice, I appreciate it!

I’m running a 6.0 ls and 6l80 from motech. The Camaro SS fan works great for cooling. I’m running dual aeroforce gauges and love them. You could run one but i like having two so i can see more parameters at the same time. I’m running 4.88’s with 40’s and they are great but 5.13’s would work good also. 67AAE9A5-F095-42B6-BFB0-E93A04F6FCBD.jpeg

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I’m running a 6.0 ls and 6l80 from motech. The Camaro SS fan works great for cooling. I’m running dual aeroforce gauges and love them. You could run one but i like having two so i can see more parameters at the same time. I’m running 4.88’s with 40’s and they are great but 5.13’s would work good also. View attachment 365885
Nice instrument panel set up! Thanks for the response.

Bierpower

Hooked
The atlas Robbie orders is the 3:1. I called advanced adapters myself and they don't really like to build any numerically higher ratios than that for the V-8 swaps. With a ~4:1 first gear in the GM trans and a 3:1 in the t-case your at ~12:1 which is where you sit in a stock Rubicon with a 3:1 first gear and 4:1 T-case.

As far as I know the major benefit to the Camero fan is you can get into the GM computer and remap the fan as needed where that gets to be tougher running a JL fan with a GM computer.

The aeroforce I haven't used yet so I can't help there.

Bierpower

Hooked
If you call advance adapters I believe Robbie said it's Steve Roberts that he has spent a lot of time talking to and he knows everything you'll need for a Motech transfer case kit.

LS JK

Hello, the LT1 is a great swap, if your Jeep is heavy We recommend the 8 speed, its stronger than its 10 speed counter part. For the Aeroforce guages, the dual is really not neccesary. The single still has 2 parameters and you can scroll through the different temps and data, we are also using banks idash superguage which can have to 8 parameters at once.. the Jeep fans are also no longer an option, we are updating the website at the moment. The Camaro fan is the only one we support, it is controlled through the GM side and reads coolant temp, trans temp, ac pressure, intake temps, and more. This fan will not let your Jeep overheat, at even 40% that fan is pushing so much air its crazy... for the atlas its also optional and its a great tcase, but be prepared to wait a bit for it. We use the 3:1 ratio and have good luck with it our swaps, the gear ratios of the 8 and 10 speed allow an insane amount of torque without having to a run a 4:1 tcase. We normally use a 241J, we change out the input gear which makes it pretty strong, they handle up to 500hp and if you break one they only cost $300 at a junk yard. Both T cases are great, you can call tomorrow and I can help you further.
-Kalan at MoTech

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL - awesome!! I really think you're gonna love the LT1 (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, the LT1 is a great swap, if your Jeep is heavy We recommend the 8 speed, its stronger than its 10 speed counter part. For the Aeroforce guages, the dual is really not neccesary. The single still has 2 parameters and you can scroll through the different temps and data, we are also using banks idash superguage which can have to 8 parameters at once.. the Jeep fans are also no longer an option, we are updating the website at the moment. The Camaro fan is the only one we support, it is controlled through the GM side and reads coolant temp, trans temp, ac pressure, intake temps, and more. This fan will not let your Jeep overheat, at even 40% that fan is pushing so much air its crazy... for the atlas its also optional and its a great tcase, but be prepared to wait a bit for it. We use the 3:1 ratio and have good luck with it our swaps, the gear ratios of the 8 and 10 speed allow an insane amount of torque without having to a run a 4:1 tcase. We normally use a 241J, we change out the input gear which makes it pretty strong, they handle up to 500hp and if you break one they only cost $300 at a junk yard. Both T cases are great, you can call tomorrow and I can help you further.
-Kalan at MoTech
Oh, and listen to this guy ^^^^^

Kalan is the man (y)

AZVAJKU

Hooked
-Kalan at MoTech

Kalan,

Thank you for the reply, that answers a lot of questions.

My Jeep is set up much like Eddie’s so I guess you could say it’s heavy. 😂

If you think the 8-speed is the way to go I’m good with that. As far as the T-case I’d really like the Atlas. I am not in a rush and I am willing to wait to get what I want.

My Jeep is currently at EVO in AZ getting some suspension upgrades and I can get it to you in September if that works. I live in Virginia and travel quite a bit for work so if you guys are flexible about pick up dates that would be awesome. It is not always easy for me to predict when I will be available to travel out for pick up.

I will call you in the next day or so. Is the number on the website the best number to reach you or is there another?

Thanks again.

Brute

Hooked
There are a number of members here that would be happy to drive your rig where ever it needs to go...but they may take the long route...

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Update

Kalan from Motech answered all my questions and provided me with a recommendation for an LT1 swap for my JK. It looked great so he sent me an estimate. I sent a deposit for 50% and I will be dropping my Jeep off in September after I pick it up from EVO.

I am super excited. In addition I am getting a WAL discount!! 👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻

I will post more later and will add to my build thread.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Update

Kalan from Motech answered all my questions and provided me with a recommendation for an LT1 swap for my JK. It looked great so he sent me an estimate. I sent a deposit for 50% and I will be dropping my Jeep off in September after I pick it up from EVO.

I am super excited. In addition I am getting a WAL discount!! 👍🏻🇺🇸👍🏻

I will post more later and will add to my build thread.
So awesome!! Can't wait to see it once it's up and running. Also, if need be, I'd be happy to pick it up from EVO and take it to Motech for you. Just let me know :)

AZVAJKU

Hooked
So awesome!! Can't wait to see it once it's up and running. Also, if need be, I'd be happy to pick it up from EVO and take it to Motech for you. Just let me know :)

I definitely appreciate the offer. I plan to come out anyway so I can visit family and friends in PHX. I will then be visiting friends in Fort Mohave for a couple days starting on 18 Sep and then flying out of Vegas on 22 Sep. If you are around let’s meet up for drinks during that time. 🥃🍺🍷

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I definitely appreciate the offer. I plan to come out anyway so I can visit family and friends in PHX. I will then be visiting friends in Fort Mohave for a couple days starting on 18 Sep and then flying out of Vegas on 22 Sep. If you are around let’s meet up for drinks during that time. 🥃🍺🍷
Sounds good 👍🏻

Top Bottom