MetalCloak or Clayton Lift

Director

Hi All, Think of adding a lift to my 392 next year but there are not many choices out there yet outside of MetalCloak or Clayton. Was wondering if anyone had any insights into either lift that they could share. Thanks in advance 👍

WJCO

Meme King
I would imagine choices will increase over time. I've personally dealt with Clayton and like their products and service. I've never used metalcloak but haven't heard the best feedback about them. What's your long-term goal for the jeep in regards to type if use and tire size, etc?

Upvote 0

Director

I would imagine choices will increase over time. I've personally dealt with Clayton and like their products and service. I've never used metalcloak but haven't heard the best feedback about them. What's your long-term goal for the jeep in regards to type if use and tire size, etc?
Thanks WJCO - right now the thought is go to 37’s. As for wheeling, I don’t see myself doing anything to extreme ( I’m getting to old 🤣) though I would image there would be some challenging trails I’d like to try. On my 2012 JK Rubicon I had AEV’s 3.5 inch lift with 35’s but unfortunately I sold it right after my daughter was born. I liked it and all but always felt it was under-powered even with the regear. 392 came along and I bit 😁

Upvote 0

Director

As stated above I’m sure there will be more options in time. I run the Metalcloak lift on my JK and have no complaints.
Thanks JT. Like a lot of us, I’m impatient 😃 but I may just have to look at other mods first like bumper and a winch. Def feel those are important as well.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks WJCO - right now the thought is go to 37’s. As for wheeling, I don’t see myself doing anything to extreme ( I’m getting to old 🤣) though I would image there would be some challenging trails I’d like to try. On my 2012 JK Rubicon I had AEV’s 3.5 inch lift with 35’s but unfortunately I sold it right after my daughter was born. I liked it and all but always felt it was under-powered even with the regear. 392 came along and I bit 😁
What's the factory final gear ratio on the 392? I can't imagine much lift would be needed to run 37s.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All, Think of adding a lift to my 392 next year but there are not many choices out there yet outside of MetalCloak or Clayton. Was wondering if anyone had any insights into either lift that they could share. Thanks in advance 👍
I've seen half a dozen 392's get lifted at EVO. Have you given them a call?

Upvote 0

Director

Hey Eddie! actually I have not. I've just been casually checking web sites of different manufacturer's from time to time to see who's selling lifts. I can certainly reach out to them though. Thanks for the heads-up! (y)🍺

Upvote 0

teamambrose74

I just installed the Metal Cloak 3.5” Game Changer on my 2021 Rubicon 2.0L turbo and so far, it’s working really well. Handles on the freeway and it’s great off road.

Upvote 0
Both lifts will work fine but will recommend NOT spending the money on their 6-Pack shocks. We recently installed a kit with brand new 6-Pack shocks that were low on nitrogen and ultimately wouldn't even hold nitrogen. Of course they don't let any shops repair them like a normal KING or FOX so had to ship back for a new one. Just a heads up.

Upvote 0

Eby Creek

If you don't want to lose articulation you will want the following length of shocks for the Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer 392 Lift.
MetalCloak Rocksport Long Travel Shock Length:
Front 17.7 - 30.0 inches
Rear 17.7 - 30.0 inches

Upvote 0

Director

Sorry for the delay getting back to your response to my post! I did reach out to EVO and they gave me a name of a shop that I'm going to go visit. When I visited their web site, it didn't look like they carried EVO's lifts. It looked like they were only carrying their axle trusses and C2 Axle end forging gussets. The other two shops they mentioned are much further away; so I'll see if Rubitrux is carrying more then just the gussets and trusses when I pay them a visit here soon.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry for the delay getting back to your response to my post! I did reach out to EVO and they gave me a name of a shop that I'm going to go visit. When I visited their web site, it didn't look like they carried EVO's lifts. It looked like they were only carrying their axle trusses and C2 Axle end forging gussets. The other two shops they mentioned are much further away; so I'll see if Rubitrux is carrying more then just the gussets and trusses when I pay them a visit here soon.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom