Metal cloak Durospring

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
Has anyone used their durospring bumps? Just curious on some feedback and opinions.

Guessing since I couldn’t find any posts on them here that’s not a good sign.

A.J.

Actually yes. It’s the only thing MC on my Jeep. I like them. Poor mans king bumps. Lol! Sumo springs are pretty much the same thing. They work pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Actually yes. It’s the only thing MC on my Jeep. I like them. Poor mans king bumps. Lol! Sumo springs are pretty much the same thing. They work pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Like AJ, the only MC item I have.

I gave them a try when my stock bumps were completely trashed.

They work pretty good, far better than factory, even when they were in good shape.

My only issue with them is after about 10 to 25 thousand miles, with a lot of pretty hard wheeling, a couple of them are split, but they are still working good, and I push things harder than most.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I picked up a set to replace my stockers, which were done. I’m happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
Appreciate the feedback!

Did you guys change your bump stop height then with these or do they go flat like stock ones?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Appreciate the feedback!

Did you guys change your bump stop height then with these or do they go flat like stock ones?

They don’t go flat. I read somewhere that they collapse to about 3/4”. I don’t know if that’s true. Around the time I got them I also got new shocks with longer travel and a shorter collapsed length. I don’t remember if it was because of that or the MC durosprings, but I was able to go from 4” of bump stop in back to 3”. I probably will do that same in the front when I get around to it.

I installed all four with a new synergy lift. Cycled the suspension and it appears that they don’t go flat like stock. They collapse to about .25-.50”. Definitely help soften harder hits.

fiend

Caught the Bug
To close the loop on this, I took out my front coils and compressed these MC bumps as far as they would go (until my Jeep started lifting off the jack stands). They compressed to about 1 1/8”. I suppose on a hard hit they might compress more, but this is the best I could do. I don’t know about the back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom