Master Cylinder for 1 ton JK

Nastyjk13

I have swapped the front and rear axles in my 2012 JKU to a SD60 front & 14B rear. I am currently having issues getting enough volume to work the brakes. The pedal will build pressure and then will lose pressure once it sits. MC and Brake Booster has been replaced. Do I need a larger bore MC? If so, what are my options?

Bierpower

Hooked

Mopar P5160050 Brake Master Cylinder & Booster

This kit has been out for a while but it's pretty hard to find in stock.

Nastyjk13

I have bled the ABS and the brakes are working great! I appreciate the help. But now I am facing another issue. I am wanting to splice the two rear wheel speed sensors into the front two, will this allow my transmission to shift or is it going to create more issues?

jeeeep

Hooked
I have bled the ABS and the brakes are working great! I appreciate the help. But now I am facing another issue. I am wanting to splice the two rear wheel speed sensors into the front two, will this allow my transmission to shift or is it going to create more issues?
Thinking it would cause more issues since the tone rings might be different?

Nastyjk13

Thinking it would cause more issues since the tone rings might be different?
That is what I've read. I didn't know if I could use my programmer to change the front to read the current 60 tooth tone rings and splice the rear in.

Mudpup14

i swapped in a J8 MC i ordered off of ebay after my swap, don't forget to bench bleed it.
and the O-ring against the firewall like i did:ROFLMAO:

Oinkypig

Sourcing parts for the j8 brake system is less than the mopar equivalent. crown automotive makes the j8 MC you can order seperately as well as the brake booster. The reservoir for the MC is off a durango 4.7/5.7. 2006-ish to 2008, sourced from wrecking yard or part direct ie rockauto.com
J8 dual vs single stock diaphram brake booster and the largest MC bore available for a JK is the J8 MC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom