Manufacturers should take a lesson from Decked

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I recently installed the Decked system in my Gladiator and have been extremely happy with it.

Last night I noticed a very small crack in one corner (maybe 1 inch long and the width of sewing thread). Today, I contacted Decked to see what type of epoxy or glue I could use to fill the crack. Without blinking an eye, Decked asked for my address and is shipping me a brand new panel.

Honestly, I wish all manufacturers had that much pride in their products and thought so highly of customer satisfaction.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I recently installed the Decked system in my Gladiator and have been extremely happy with it.

Last night I noticed a very small crack in one corner (maybe 1 inch long and the width of sewing thread). Today, I contacted Decked to see what type of epoxy or glue I could use to fill the crack. Without blinking an eye, Decked asked for my address and is shipping me a brand new panel.

Honestly, I wish all manufacturers had that much pride in their products and thought so highly of customer satisfaction.
That's awesome. Glad to hear it and glad to hear you're liking your Decked system.

trailraider

I have had the same experience with Warn. I broke my winch and expected to have to pay, but they helped me out. new part sent free of charge.
Customer service goes a long way with me. I will pay more for better service from the vendor.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I also have the decked system in my Gladiator. It’s almost perfect for my line of work (paintless dent repair). Im curious now that a few here have it, what improvements you think could be made? I have a small list of minor tweaks I would make if another generation came out...

- the drawer sides bow a little if a divider isn’t installed somewhere around the midway point.
- the u-shaped tray that wraps around the handle inside of the drawer slides towards the front of the truck.
- the tool boxes would be an improvement if they stayed in place better.

(the composite/plastic melts if you leave a hot glue gun plugged in and forget about it 🤣, not that I would know anything about that...)

BUT I do agree they’re a top-notch company and you can tell they will stand behind their products, and I think they’d sell the hell out of a kit made for Wrangler Unlimited.

Last edited:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I’m glad to hear they sent out a new panel and their customer service is top notch! Makes me want to get one even more now!

Bear_JT

Hooked
That is some great customer service. I want one after I get mine Line-xed. We have a truck at work that has the Decked set up and it’s really durable.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I also have the decked system in my Gladiator. It’s almost perfect for my line of work (paintless dent repair). Im curious now that a few here have it, what improvements you think could be made? I have a small list of minor tweaks I would make if another generation came out...

- the drawer sides bow a little if a divider isn’t installed somewhere around the midway point.
- the u-shaped tray that wraps around the handle inside of the drawer slides towards the front of the truck.
- the tool boxes would be an improvement if they stayed in place better.

(the composite/plastic melts if you leave a hot glue gun plugged in and forget about it 🤣, not that I would know anything about that...)

BUT I do agree they’re a top-notch company and you can tell they will stand behind their products, and I think they’d sell the hell out of a kit made for Wrangler Unlimited.
Interesting. Are you sure the u-shaped tray is properly seated? Mine pretty much snaps in and doesn’t move.

After a lot of packing and unpacking, I’ve now ditched all of the boxes and dividers. I can pack so much more if I don’t use the boxes.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Interesting. Are you sure the u-shaped tray is properly seated? Mine pretty much snaps in and doesn’t move.

After a lot of packing and unpacking, I’ve now ditched all of the boxes and dividers. I can pack so much more if I don’t use the boxes.
Hmmm, with the exception of the dividers which use little o-rings on the tabs to hold them in place, none of my accessories “snap” into place. Maybe they‘ve addressed the tray since I’ve purchased mine.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Maybe “snap” is misleading. It “seats” into place and, when seated, doesn’t move forward in the drawer without lifting it up and unseating.

ScoobyCarolanNC

People make fun of Yeti owners. I’ve had a hopper (soft cooler) for 6 years. Beat the crap out of it, it’s way out of warranty, and I broke the zipper. Emailed them and admitted it was my fault. They offered me anything of equal value as a replacement and even paid shipping both ways on the return. Totally worth every penny.

CalSgt

Hooked
People make fun of Yeti owners. I’ve had a hopper (soft cooler) for 6 years. Beat the crap out of it, it’s way out of warranty, and I broke the zipper. Emailed them and admitted it was my fault. They offered me anything of equal value as a replacement and even paid shipping both ways on the return. Totally worth every penny.
They did the same for me a few months ago

Same thing with my Hopper. Worth every penny.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What was every ones estimated install time for the Decked system?
I don’t remember. Maybe a couple of hours. I took my sweet time. It helps to have Eddie’s video handy. If you have the 110 outlet, make your life easier and plug in a pigtail before installing the ammo cans. I was able to do it after the fact, but it took some wiggling.

RCC

I don’t remember. Maybe a couple of hours. I took my sweet time. It helps to have Eddie’s video handy. If you have the 110 outlet, make your life easier and plug in a pigtail before installing the ammo cans. I was able to do it after the fact, but it took some wiggling.
Yeah I had watched Eddies video. I installed It this afternoon, took about 2 hours as you stated. Looks like a great product.

Top Bottom