Lux Lights

treys1

For those of you with the Lux kits, was the 8pc enough or did you supplement it with additional?

I was thinking 1 in each fender well, 1 on each side and 1 front and rear with the sides / front / rear being kind of centered.

Thanks!

For those of you with the Lux kits, was the 8pc enough or did you supplement it with additional?

I was thinking 1 in each fender well, 1 on each side and 1 front and rear with the sides / front / rear being kind of centered.

Thanks!

Here are some shots of the 8pc kit on my buddies JKUR. One in each fender and two on each side tucked under the sliders... he is planning on adding 2 more tucked up under the front bumper because his front D60 and 40’s create quite a bit of shadowing.

IMG_3685.jpg
IMG_3686.jpg
IMG_3687.jpg

treys1

Here are some shots of the 8pc kit on my buddies JKUR. One in each fender and two on each side tucked under the sliders... he is planning on adding 2 more tucked up under the front bumper because his front D60 and 40’s create quite a bit of shadowing.

Thanks! Yeah I was starting to think about getting an 8pc and a 4pc to do - 1 each fender / 2 in front of front axle / 2 on each side / 1 centered in the rear and 1 under the hood.

Ddays

Hooked

I also added two more under the front end because of this.

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s close to full coverage with just the 8 lights.

IMG_4842.jpg

But to Ddays point, two more lights up in the fender might complete the light spread

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

It’s close to full coverage with just the 8 lights.

View attachment 359200

But to Ddays point, two more lights up in the fender might complete the light spread

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That looks pretty dang even for light coverage. Can you post a side shot if you have one? I’m thinking I might want to add 4 more to the 8 sitting on the garage floor.

wjtstudios

Hooked
That looks pretty dang even for light coverage. Can you post a side shot if you have one? I’m thinking I might want to add 4 more to the 8 sitting on the garage floor.

Sure, here’s the rest of the way around IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Looks good! Did you do 2 in the front / back and on each side and skip the wheel wells?

That's it, you need to see in front and back of each tire for the best coverage.

If you only have four, and go in the wheel wells, you will have a lot of shadows, but still be far better than no light.

treys1

Yes, you can see the hot spots in the jeep where they are

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yep!

That's it, you need to see in front and back of each tire for the best coverage.

If you only have four, and go in the wheel wells, you will have a lot of shadows, but still be far better than no light.

I actually haven't ordered just yet. Yours looks like pretty good coverage and I think I am going to get a few extras for here and there. I was going to do my own thing with Amazon pods but by the time you spend money to extend the wires and deal with mounting them, it's not worth the hassle.

treys1

Went with 12pc, got an 8pc with 20' and 4pc with 10' wires. I figure I will do the 2/2/2/2 for the front / rear and sides and then put one in each fender well. Should get pretty good coverage that way!

Went with 12pc, got an 8pc with 20' and 4pc with 10' wires. I figure I will do the 2/2/2/2 for the front / rear and sides and then put one in each fender well. Should get pretty good coverage that way!

Nice. Post up a pic when you get them installed.

Top Bottom