LS swap gremlins

I’m sure someone else has used the RPM Extreme LS swap kit and was wondering if you had any issues with the AC? I had a buddy who owns a performance shop and knows WAAAY more than I’ll ever be able to learn do my motor build and install.

I did a 6.2 with corvette accessory kit and used the RPM Extreme premium instal kit. The AC compressor needs 12V to kick on and function properly but the harness only shows to be putting out 9V. He could do a switch but then then the compressor wouldn’t k know when to kick on or shut off.
He is able to manual get everything to work right if using a san tool to kick on the AC just not when he plugs it in to the harness and hit the AC button in the cab.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated so I can get the AC working before our Texas heat comes back around.

Have you called RPM extreme?
Numerous times….my builder has called and emailed. I’ve called. He has t gotten anyone to get back with him in over a month and before then he didn’t everything they said and nothing fixed the issue. Hoping someone else has encountered the issue and overcome the problem. My builder has over 16 hrs of labor just trying to get the AC to work

pvkj454

Is the scan tool turning on the compressor through the GM side only? I would make sure the solder connections have been double checked that tie the Jeep harness to the new harness. Then make sure every crimp connection is tight on the A/C wiring and all grounds on the new harness. If all that is good it could be in the RPM communication module. I have a kit ordered from them but haven't received it yet.

Is the scan tool turning on the compressor through the GM side only? I would make sure the solder connections have been double checked that tie the Jeep harness to the new harness. Then make sure every crimp connection is tight on the A/C wiring and all grounds on the new harness. If all that is good it could be in the RPM communication module. I have a kit ordered from them but haven't received it yet.
I think he can turn it on from both sides if done manually. I’ll double check the connections. Thanks

pvkj454

I think he can turn it on from both sides if done manually. I’ll double check the connections. Thanks
I would request a schematic and make sure that all of the A/C wires go to the correct locations on the connectors on the new harness also. Especially the under dash harness. It is possible that a mistake was made during the harness assembly.

Fury22

Call and ask to speak to Jon directly. They race KOH so that may be why they they’ve been MIA recently if you’ve been trying to reach them.

Did you get the issue solved? My Jk LS swap has the same problem.
Yes, recently. The diagram sent by RPM of the tipum was incorrect so the entire time he was trying to get things to work with the wrong connection. He had to dissect and figure out the correct wire in the RPM harness to make it work. Another Jeep with an RPM kit came in with same symptoms and was same issue. Now it blows ice cold as it should

Top Bottom