LOBSTAH QUEST Part 5 : JL/JT Experience - Field & Forest New Hampshire

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I feel that part five was the best part. It represents everything east coast has to offer. Not just wheeling but scenery as well. I am not sure Skyjacker enjoyed it as monster you did[emoji23][emoji23] I had to do it.
Also I am not sure it is me or my screen but the video quality was amazingly sharp in this part.
Keep it up [emoji106][emoji106]

Field and Forest was by far my favorite day of wheeling. It was just a really nice place with beautiful scenery and challenging obstacles. As far as Skyjacker goes, yeah, I don't think they were feeling the whole trip but only because of their crappy china tires.

Regarding the video, yeah, the new iPhone 11 is pretty amazing and the quality of the picture is really sharp. For me, it's a bit too sharp as I prefer a softer and more cinematic picture. But, it sure was handy to be able to film with it. :crazyeyes:

I will say this is the worst cause I don’t want you guys to feel bad everyone is saying an iPhone video is better than your video camera video. Lol

Shows how far phones have come in a short amount of time.

(And this wasn’t the worst ;) )

LOL - the biggest drawback to filming with the iPhone is sound. It does a pretty good job and it could be better with a mic but we didn't have one. Also, while it does have a nice wide angle now, it's a little artificial and the zoom is digital and so it looks like shit. Still, Cindy managed to make it work out great :yup:

Awesome video as always! This trail looks like a blast and the JT once again wheeled great [emoji106][emoji106]

It really is crazy how well the JT did out there. We were super happy with it. :cool:

Field and Forest was by far my favorite day of wheeling. It was just a really nice place with beautiful scenery and challenging obstacles. As far as Skyjacker goes, yeah, I don't think they were feeling the whole trip but only because of their crappy china tires.

Regarding the video, yeah, the new iPhone 11 is pretty amazing and the quality of the picture is really sharp. For me, it's a bit too sharp as I prefer a softer and more cinematic picture. But, it sure was handy to be able to film with it. :crazyeyes:

LOL - the biggest drawback to filming with the iPhone is sound. It does a pretty good job and it could be better with a mic but we didn't have one. Also, while it does have a nice wide angle now, it's a little artificial and the zoom is digital and so it looks like shit. Still, Cindy managed to make it work out great :yup:

It really is crazy how well the JT did out there. We were super happy with it. :cool:

Cindy could film with plastic wrap covering a cardboard cutout and it would look like it was shot through three RED cameras with Michael Bay directing them. That lady is gifted.

Brute

Hooked

There is a reason why real film is still better than digital...back in the day, my buds were involved in a lot of outdoor and underwater filming...all of the new digital equipment just came out in the market, but they still preferred to film with their 16mm Araflex cameras for the grain and softness...a lot of National Geographic, Discovery Channel and PBS films they made garnered a shitload of Emmys...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really? That blows!

eh, it did it's job of protecting the body. Better than if we were running the factory rocker guards. I don't think Mel was too thrilled about seeing it but then, he never recommends them for the kind of wheeling we did. Whatever the case, we're just waiting on the frame mounted guards to come out so that we can swap over to them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
eh, it did it's job of protecting the body. Better than if we were running the factory rocker guards. I don't think Mel was too thrilled about seeing it but then, he never recommends them for the kind of wheeling we did. Whatever the case, we're just waiting on the frame mounted guards to come out so that we can swap over to them.

I guess I should have said, “this is why we can’t have nice shit.”

Lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Yeah, I was impressed it took such a hard shot and still came out ok. Still looks good in my book.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Are those like the ones for the JL, ready in three more weeks?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I was impressed it took such a hard shot and still came out ok. Still looks good in my book.

Oh yeah, held up great in my opinion. Body was protected and it still held up great for the rest of the week and there was harder stuff to come :crazyeyes:

Are those like the ones for the JL, ready in three more weeks?

They are but being that they're on a Gladiator, they are a LOT longer. I do think that played a part in what we saw. Still, I hit that rock with a LOT of force. I think more than would be the case out west being that I would never be giving that much skinny pedal out here.

briand

The obstacles continue to come there! Hard to believe that you had to apply that much of the skinny pedal to navigate through those. Liked how the tailgate made a good table, now you need some tall camp chairs to sit at that table!

Top Bottom