Lighting the Way with KC Slim Lights on an EVO Hoop & Flex Lights on JET

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've been meaning to post pics of this a while ago but life had a way of getting in the way of things but I figured late is better than never. Anyway, here are a few shots of JET with his new black fenders, EVO Quarter Pounder Hoop with KC Slim Lights mounted on it and Flex Lights with a spread beam that I mounted on the bumper to act as fog lights. Anyway, here's what everything looks like. :cool:
20210307204510-e2f78c2b-me.jpg

20210307204515-5ac3b0e5-me.jpg

20210307204554-7b659101-me.jpg

20210307204601-aa79d840-me.jpg

Oh, I also installed Moby's old set of Rigid D2's on the back of JET.
20210307204619-b417848d-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lighting the Way with KC Slim Lights on an EVO Hoop & Flex Lights on JET

Here's a few shot of what they look like lighting the way. [emoji41]
20210307204711-fcd38f06-me.jpg

20210307204849-428462da-me.jpg

20210307204730-4ad01cf0-me.jpg

20210307204715-45b804a0-me.jpg

20210307204906-12e562c0-me.jpg

Here's what the lights look like without the stone guards.
20210307204818-c0e52fa0-me.jpg

20210307204828-e5cf4f08-me.jpg

20210307204800-12464f9a-me.jpg

Shot from the back.
20210307204740-ce348575-me.jpg

Man... love seeing pics of Jet. Such a clean built Jeep. Hoop really gives it a special look that, along with the black fenders really helps to set it apart from the JT. Love it

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Jet looks sweet and I love the lights. How are you liking the low mount snorkel?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man... love seeing pics of Jet. Such a clean built Jeep. Hoop really gives it a special look that, along with the black fenders really helps to set it apart from the JT. Love it

Thanks Casey, I think the black fenders were definitely in need for a while now if only to distinguish the two Jeeps. :yup:

Been a while since I've seen my boy Jet... he's what sold me on the white. Looking sharp. [emoji106]

I know, it's been a while for sure but we're hoping to get him out more this year. :cool:

Looks good. I'm really liking the kc lights.

Thanks! So that there's no misunderstanding by anyone, I BOUGHT these lights and because I like them. The Flex lights are awesome if only because they're so compact and bright. Pretty bummed that they've been discontinued. The Slim lights are outstanding! If anything, they completely overpower all our other lights in a focused beam and now I feel like I need something to help fill in the gaps. :crazyeyes: Really looking at a set of ERA 3's to help do that :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jet looks sweet and I love the lights. How are you liking the low mount snorkel?

So far, I love it. I love how you don't need the full on goose head to make it work and I think it looks cool too. Of course, I haven't had a chance to "test" it out in water yet but really, I doubt I'll ever need it for that. :cool:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Jets looking good! [emoji106] Did you hook up the KC flex lights to the fog switch on the dash or to the switch pros? Just curious.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Jet looks great with the KC’s! I’m with you being bummed about the flex lights being discontinued Eddie; they are really good lights.

DMF

Those lights look great. I have mine mounted directly to my bumper. Think I need to go this route and mount it on the hoop. Well I need to get the hoop first.

Also, why did you switch to the black fenders? Just to change things up?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Looks great, they really have stepped up their product line!

Do you think you’ll see a heat increase blocking the grill a bit? They’re sitting far out away from the grill, so it couldn’t be much.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lookin Really Good!

Thank you :)

Jets looking good! [emoji106] Did you hook up the KC flex lights to the fog switch on the dash or to the switch pros? Just curious.

I hooked them up to the Switch Pros but only because I have so many blank switches to fill. :D If I didn't, I would have connected them to the factory switch. :yup:

Jet looks great with the KC’s! I’m with you being bummed about the flex lights being discontinued Eddie; they are really good lights.

From what I heard, the problem with the Flex lights is that they cost too much to make or something like that. You can still find them here and there but they're getting harder to come by. Like you, I think they're great lights and love that they come in such a small package.

Andy5160

Hooked
Looks so fucking good. Such a clean install
I am looking into KC flood lights but now that you posted Yours I have to take a look a bit further [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those slim lights look so good! I might need to look into those!

They look good and put out a TON of light. I'm really impressed with them and like that they're reasonably priced. :yup:

Those lights look great. I have mine mounted directly to my bumper. Think I need to go this route and mount it on the hoop. Well I need to get the hoop first.

Also, why did you switch to the black fenders? Just to change things up?

We decided to change up to black fenders mainly to give our JL a different look from our Gladiator. From the front, the two just looked too similar. :cool:

Looks great, they really have stepped up their product line!

Do you think you’ll see a heat increase blocking the grill a bit? They’re sitting far out away from the grill, so it couldn’t be much.

I don't think so and mainly because the JL has such a crazy powerful fan. I don't know if anything could really prevent it from sucking in air :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks so fucking good. Such a clean install
I am looking into KC flood lights but now that you posted Yours I have to take a look a bit further [emoji106]

LOL - Glad you like what you see. I think I still need a pair of lights that offer a spread beam to help fill in the sides when the Slimlites are on. The column of light that it produces makes me feel like a train on the trail where the only thing I can see incredibly well is the spot ahead of me. Hoping to buy some combo ERA 3's and install them as A-pillar lights to do that. :yup:

Top Bottom