Lifter noise or Normal?

Zeus

Hi Guys

I have had this tick sound since I can remember but searching the interwebs plenty people put it donw to bad lifters. So the lifters and cams get replaced.

So I am not sure is mine lifters or normal?

Thanks

Last edited:

16JeepJK

Hi Guys

I have had this tick sound since I can remember but searching the interwebs plenty people put it donw to bad lifters. So the lifters and cams get replaced.

So I am not sure is mine lifters or normal?

Thanks

They will say, lifters, but a bad timing chain will cause ticking/tapping sound too. I have a 2016 JK and have had 2 timing chains on it.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Mine started doing this at about 110k. (2013). It made me nervous at first, but I realize it hasn't affected the performance at all. I am just at the point with all the noises my JKU makes, I won't worry about it til something breaks. I'm at 127k right now and all is still good.

jamesrw30

Mine had lifter tick when I test drove it. As part of the purchase price they repaired it. I will say that my 4.0 Grand Cherokee had lifter tick the whole time I had it. Was never an issue

BruceyZ06

Mine had it. I replaced the lifters and rockers myself without pulling the cams. It toned down a lot. Also, I run 10w-30 oil.

Top Bottom