Lifted Gladiator on 37s

BCwillys

Just finishing up the wife's gladiator with 2.5" Evo enforcer lift and 37" nitto trail grapplers. All in all it went pretty smooth for a gravel driveway install. Aside from the hardware that came with the kit, that was a little frustrating but nothing a trip to the hardware store won't fix. IMG_20220901_112424970_HDR.jpg IMG_20220901_112440342_HDR.jpg

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I had mine under by just removing the heat shield but didn’t like the way it looked. Congrats on getting some trail grapplers. I tried to order some through discount tire and they said they’re back ordered for eternity.

BCwillys

I had mine under by just removing the heat shield but didn’t like the way it looked. Congrats on getting some trail grapplers. I tried to order some through discount tire and they said they’re back ordered for eternity.
Normally I run Toyo m/t but I couldn't find any stock up here in Canada. All we could get at the time was nitto which I'm very happy with. There was only 4 available, so gotta wait to get the spare...

BCwillys

You’ll be very happy with them. I like to try different tires and those are hands down my favorite.
I finally took it for a test drive and I'm very impressed with how smooth and quiet the nittos are. Far better than the factory km2 bfg's it came with

BCwillys

I run 35s on mine and do 5 tire rotations every 3k. I've got 34k on the odometer right now. That cable is plenty fine. I can't imagine the weight between a 35 and 37 would affect the cable, IMO.
Fair enough, it's good to hear from someone with firsthand experience. We get harsh winter and lots of salt up here and I use to see trucks come in the shop missing their spare and just a frayed cable hanging down lol.

WJCO

Meme King
Fair enough, it's good to hear from someone with firsthand experience. We get harsh winter and lots of salt up here and I use to see trucks come in the shop missing their spare and just a frayed cable hanging down lol.
That's a different story for sure. Rust and lack of use destroys those things.

benatc1

Hooked
That's good to know , I wonder how strong the cable is that holds up the spare tho

it’s strong enough to hold bombing through the Mojave desert at 60+ mph, or at least mine was. Plus your pretty much wedging it in between the frame rails with a little air taken out. But it def works

Top Bottom