Lift suggestions for a 2019 4 Door Sport JLU with 35'S

JohnsJLURubi

Hi - I put 35's on my 2019 Sport JLU and while they fit and look awesome, i need a lift. Way too much rubbing. Can you suggest a 2" lift with some front suspension upgrades that is a DIY? The steering with the 35's is very "loose" at speed. Thanks for the help!!

JohnsJLURubi

It gives a bit of a sway every now and then when at higher speeds. I think the weight of the wheels and tires is having some impact on the sport suspension. I figured I would have to upgrade some fo the components but not exactly which ones. thanks for th help!

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It gives a bit of a sway every now and then when at higher speeds. I think the weight of the wheels and tires is having some impact on the sport suspension. I figured I would have to upgrade some fo the components but not exactly which ones. thanks for th help!
The weight of the wheels and tires would NOT have any impact on a Sport suspension. Again, how much air are you running in your tires? If it's 35-40, that can cause a flighty feel at highway speeds. IF that is what you're at, you need to lower your psi to something more reasonable like 30. That should help some.

Upvote 0

JohnsJLURubi

running 38 psi. mostly due to better mileage. I will drop it and test it all out. Thanks - any front suspension upgrades you could reccomend would be great also to go along with the lift.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
running 38 psi. mostly due to better mileage. I will drop it and test it all out. Thanks - any front suspension upgrades you could reccomend would be great also to go along with the lift.
38???? Holy hell that is a crazy amount of air and most likely the cause of your flightiness. Also, only the crown of your tread will be making contact with pavement and will cause poor wear down the middle. You do NOT need suspension upgrades on the front of your Jeep.

Upvote 0

kevman65

Hooked
On your tires, you want full contact of the tread.

The simplest way to achieve this is to do a "Chalk Test", do an internet search, there are tons of videos.

Whatever your chalk test shows is your optimum on road air pressure.

Keep in mind, as you drive your tires heat up and air pressure increases. You want to start BELOW your optimum pressure to allow it to build up to it.

Off road is a different animal.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom