Life’s Goodness

onlyone

No need to apologize and I'm glad you could feel this is a place where you could vent, share and reflect. Happy to help in any way that I can, even if it's just to listen.
It’s wonderful to be a part of a group like this. It’s really easy to see through all the posts and recognize the helping spirit of the majority of people here at WAL. Thank you for keeping a good place for those of us to vent.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you…
Thank you. It means a lot.

LOVE & Laughter is the answer Brother. Open your heart and Let it ALL in. You are Not Alone…. We are NEVER Alone. Sending Prayers your way.
I definitely try to laugh when I can. It’s tough when you’re so mad at nobody and everything at the same time. Thank you
So sorry to hear that your going through times that suck. Cancer is hard, there’s nothing you can do but to watch and support.
post away here, it helps everyone.
Take care.
Thank you. It’s hard to just sit by and watch it happen. I do the best I can to support her. It’s my job. I promised her that.

Hey, I’m really sorry that you and your wife are having to deal with this! Life’s goodness is everything that you remember and that makes you smile. It’s what helps us continue on. Share those memories you have with her, make her smile, talk about making more, give her strength. You two are in my prayers now.
Thank you for the prayers. I try everyday to remember what it feels like. I can see it, but the pain gets in the way. I’m sure you understand.
Wow ... I've been there with parents and friends, but not with a spouse and I hope to avoid that if at all possible. I am so sorry you are having to deal with it and shoulder the responsibility. I am sure it feels like you are in this all alone, but you aren't. Vent away my friend. Let us all help you though this difficult journey.

Live everyday like it's your last, for none of us is promised tomorrow. Talk to your wife and remind her you are there for her. Sure, she already knows that, but saying it and letting her feel that is so important. Take time to remember the journey you two have shared all these years.

If you ever need to talk, the phone is always on and I am a pretty good listener.
Thank you and I’m sorry you had to deal with any of this with family or friends. It’s a hideous disease. It’s a daily struggle that gets easier but no better. Hard to explain that.
It is funny where your mind goes when your spouse is lying in a hospital bed fighting, fighting the pain, the exhaustion, the mind numbing endless hours wondering if this is it.

You look back on things, things that made you smile before but now the tears flow because you just don't know if you'll get to experience any of it again.

Fur babies are a good thing, they'll keep you focused on the every day routines, which will help keep you out of your own head.

Just keep focusing on the positive future, but prepare yourself for the worst. It won't make life easier, but don't let yourself get caught without plans if worse case happens.

Biggest thing, and I didn't do it and wish I had, get help for yourself. Be it a professional, or a very trusted friend. Someone you can let it all out to and not be embarrassed by it. If you keep it bottled up, it will eat you up even if the best possible outcome happens.

Stay strong, tell her you love her every day, hug the fur babies and tell them too. They know something is wrong and have some of the broadest shoulders you'll ever find.

Good luck and better days....
Thanks bud. All of those routines I selfishly try to stick with. It kind of keeps me steady. I tell her daily that I lover her and kiss her cheek. I think I annoy her at times because of it. That’s one thing where I don’t care if she’s annoyed. The tough part is trying to keep her spirits up. It’s frustrating to hear the despair in her voice but I try to stay as positive as I can.

onlyone

Little update. We are back home after she was stabilized. She is in a lot of pain and the doctors think if she can make it through the next 6 weeks, the treatments should take hold. Lots of direct liver radiation. Without going into too much detail, her liver cancer has grown so large in the last 2 months that both lobes are 5 times the size of a normal liver. Her left lobe is literally down to her hip bone. Amazingly her liver is currently growing healthy tissue at a faster rate than the tumors are. The bad thing is she is running out of room. She’s a tiny, thin girl. It’s an unfortunate race against time.

They think the original tumor is on her pancreas which as of now she has become diabetic because of it. Her liver cancer is metastatic. It started somewhere else. They will know where and how to treat after another PET scan. The amount of fentanyl she is on scares the crap out of me. Luckily it does take away most of the pain. Thanks for listening. She’s a fighter but she’s tired.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Little update. We are back home after she was stabilized. She is in a lot of pain and the doctors think if she can make it through the next 6 weeks, the treatments should take hold. Lots of direct liver radiation. Without going into too much detail, her liver cancer has grown so large in the last 2 months that both lobes are 5 times the size of a normal liver. Her left lobe is literally down to her hip bone. Amazingly her liver is currently growing healthy tissue at a faster rate than the tumors are. The bad thing is she is running out of room. She’s a tiny, thin girl. It’s an unfortunate race against time.

They think the original tumor is on her pancreas which as of now she has become diabetic because of it. Her liver cancer is metastatic. It started somewhere else. They will know where and how to treat after another PET scan. The amount of fentanyl she is on scares the crap out of me. Luckily it does take away most of the pain. Thanks for listening. She’s a fighter but she’s tired.
Just when you think it’s too hard, you look around the corner and see there is still more road ahead…I’ve lost some close to me because of cancer…and I have some close to me that beat the odds and lived a a life of quality far longer than anyone expected…

fight and love till the end…it’s how I intend to go …

AZVAJKU

Hooked

Thanks for the update. Stay positive, your wife is obviously a fighter and making forward progress. The human body is amazing and capable of miracles, your support and love fuels her strength. Continued prayers for you both.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Six weeks will go by quick. May not feel like it but it will. She will probably rest easier now that shes home too.

Are they going to try to remove it when she stabilizes?

onlyone

Six weeks will go by quick. May not feel like it but it will. She will probably rest easier now that shes home too.

Are they going to try to remove it when she stabilizes?
I’m not sure what the plan is right now. I just know they are going to block the blood flow and add radioactive beads into each lobe of her liver, at 2 week intervals, as to not harm the good tissue all at once. We were told this morning that this procedure has a 97% chance of 50% tumor shrinkage and tumor necrosis (death) within 6 weeks. I’d say that’s some pretty good odds.

She just needs to get those smaller so she can eat. Her stomach is being crushed, which caused anemia because of malnutrition. If she can eat better, she can heal. I think they are worrying about the big stuff and getting her stable, as you alluded to. Long explanation for a simple question. Sorry.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m not sure what the plan is right now. I just know they are going to block the blood flow and add radioactive beads into each lobe of her liver, at 2 week intervals, as to not harm the good tissue all at once. We were told this morning that this procedure has a 97% chance of 50% tumor shrinkage and tumor necrosis (death) within 6 weeks. I’d say that’s some pretty good odds.

She just needs to get those smaller so she can eat. Her stomach is being crushed, which caused anemia because of malnutrition. If she can eat better, she can heal. I think they are worrying about the big stuff and getting her stable, as you alluded to. Long explanation for a simple question. Sorry.
Dang. That’s a lot involved. Hoping for the best for her and you.

Top Bottom