Lets talk about axle splines

Holeshot

Banned
ok guys I got questions about axle splines on D44 axles.

As I might make the move for a JKUR later, I will change my plan on locker and axle options. I've done research on JKF and found some informations, but I need someone of experience to confirm what I've read.

let start with the front. I read that D30 and Rubicon front D44 has the same spline count (30)? truth or bullshit?

As for the rear, Non rubicon have 30 splines, same lenght axles. Rubicon axles have different lenght due to the way the e-locker is designed, and have 32 splines.

Now, if we talk about modification of Rubicon D44 axles. If I put a dynatrac prorock44 unlimited on the front, with a ARB locker that has 30 splines and RCV shafts, will my factory axles still could be used?

And for the rear factory rubicon D44, If I put a ARB locker and if I want to keep my factory axle as spare, I need to get a rubicon model ARB locker that has 32 splines, otherwise I'm fucked because my axles won't have the same lenght :icon_crazy:

Am I right? help making it clearer. :standing wave:

Atch

ok guys I got questions about axle splines on D44 axles.

As I might make the move for a JKUR later, I will change my plan on locker and axle options. I've done research on JKF and found some informations, but I need someone of experience to confirm what I've read.

let start with the front. I read that D30 and Rubicon front D44 has the same spline count (30)? truth or bullshit?

As for the rear, Non rubicon have 30 splines, same lenght axles. Rubicon axles have different lenght due to the way the e-locker is designed, and have 32 splines.

Now, if we talk about modification of Rubicon D44 axles. If I put a dynatrac prorock44 unlimited on the front, with a ARB locker that has 30 splines and RCV shafts, will my factory axles still could be used?

And for the rear factory rubicon D44, If I put a ARB locker and if I want to keep my factory axle as spare, I need to get a rubicon model ARB locker that has 32 splines, otherwise I'm fucked because my axles won't have the same lenght :icon_crazy:

Am I right? help making it clearer. :standing wave:

D30 has 27 spline, I believe

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

BS. Dana 30 has 27 splines and the Dana 44 has 30 splines.

This is correct.

I could be mistaken here but, I believe that the ARB is only available in a 32 spline configuration for a 44 front axle. If in fact it does come in a 30 spline configuration, yes, you should be able to still use your factory shafts.

This is correct. You would need to keep it 32 spline if you wish to run factory shafts.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
If I didn't miss understand I think if you go with an arb up front it has different length shafts. Do to the factory locker being offset. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that is what Dynatrac told me.

Holeshot

Banned
If I didn't miss understand I think if you go with an arb up front it has different length shafts. Do to the factory locker being offset. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that is what Dynatrac told me.

interresting, I might have passed over this one, but would be logic considering the rear one's the same. So this mean I would also need a rubicon model ARB locker up front. But from what I see, there is no "rubicon models" in the ARB line up.

Last edited:

Holeshot

Banned
This is correct. You would need to keep it 32 spline if you wish to run factory shafts.

There's one thing though I don't catch. I'm looking over northridge website, and the only ARB lockers available are 27, 30, 33 and 35 splines? where is the 32 :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's one thing though I don't catch. I'm looking over northridge website, and the only ARB lockers available are 27, 30, 33 and 35 splines? where is the 32 :thinking:

You are correct, there is no 32 spline ARB locker for the Rubicon. I ran a Sahara Dana 44 rear axle with a 35 spline ARB and assumed they offered a 32 spline setup for the Rubicons. I have just verified that Rubicon 44 axles can only take 35 splines setups both front and rear.

Holeshot

Banned
Ok so I gotta forget the idea of keeping my factory axles as spare with a ARB locker :thinking: I'm also gonna keep the dynatrac my friend sell's me, and will swap it under the rubi, and once again, if they're not the same lenght, gotta forget it.

Top Bottom