LED Fog lights question

kevman65

Hooked
I have a '20 JT Rubicon, it has the LED package. One of my OEM fog lights caught something pretty stout and is history.

OEM replacement is pretty spicy. Thinking if I'm going to spend that kind of money I could upgrade to something better aftermarket.

Now here's my question, between Diode Dynamics and Baja Designs, which is the better choice?

They both have SAE compliant in yellow, when I convert the measurements they use to a common they are comparable.
They both are about the same money. They both have a plug and play kit.

I know NOTHING about either company.

I looked at KC first, been a fan of theirs for years. But they have nothing in a yellow/amber for OEM location.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Baja is a reputable off-road lighting company. I too prefer yellow fogs for visibility. 👍

Diode dynamics has always been more of an all types of bulbs and all vehicles supplier.

The real question is if you want to replace with something nice if it’s going to be a common hit point while wheeling.

Upvote 0

kevman65

Hooked
Baja is a reputable off-road lighting company. I too prefer yellow fogs for visibility. 👍

Diode dynamics has always been more of an all types of bulbs and all vehicles supplier.

The real question is if you want to replace with something nice if it’s going to be a common hit point while wheeling.

Believe it or not, it was an on the road thing. Don't know what hit it but I could feel the impact and it sounded like an M80 going off when it hit.
Running a Rock Hard full width front bumper and the light holes are almost like a funnel to the lights.
I am thinking of getting some stainless steel screen material like we use to cover open vent piping at work to keep birds out of the pipe.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
I have a '20 JT Rubicon, it has the LED package. One of my OEM fog lights caught something pretty stout and is history.

OEM replacement is pretty spicy. Thinking if I'm going to spend that kind of money I could upgrade to something better aftermarket.
Are the Sport and Rubicon fog lights the same?
If so, I'm going to be taking my bumper off soon and I'll be getting different lights completely. I'd be happy to just send you one of the fog lights if you want? It's not LED but I didn't think the fog lights were LED anyways on the Rubicon (I thought the LED light package was only the headlights).

Upvote 0

kevman65

Hooked
Are the Sport and Rubicon fog lights the same?
If so, I'm going to be taking my bumper off soon and I'll be getting different lights completely. I'd be happy to just send you one of the fog lights if you want? It's not LED but I didn't think the fog lights were LED anyways on the Rubicon (I thought the LED light package was only the headlights).

LED package is all lights, at least it is on mine.

Thank you for the offer, but I really want to get to an amber/yellow fog light for better visibility.

As to the Sport, JEEP used different fog lights with different mounting, go figure, mine is a four hole flat mounting bracket. There are three hole not flat, three hole flat, and I've even seen a two hole flat mounting bracket.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom