K&N Air Filter for 3.0 Ecodiesel

Muddy Ruttzz

I couldn’t find a Mopar or any other paper filter for my Wrangler Ecodiesel. I bought K&N because I could get one. I’m hearing they are no good for turbos and Mass Air Flow Sensors. Anyone know?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I couldn’t find a Mopar or any other paper filter for my Wrangler Ecodiesel. I bought K&N because I could get one. I’m hearing they are no good for turbos and Mass Air Flow Sensors. Anyone know?
I’m pretty sure they’re no good for anything but letting more dirt in your motor. But if it’s all you can get for now, run it until you can find a mopar or wix filter.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
If you over-oil the filter, it can lead to oil on your MAF sensor wire causing false readings, setting codes, and even possibly damaging the sensor. I've seen plenty of MAFs over the years with damage from over-oiled filters.

Upvote 0

JimLee

Hooked
Checked the AFE filter. The Magnum Flow Pro 5R is recommended for dieselWrangler. It requires oil.
Sure, they recommend that for the 3.6 as well. What you have to decide is if the dry filter is adequate for your use or not. I live on the edge of Death Valley and I have determined that the dry filter which I clean every oil change is good enough for my Jeep. It flows better and captures more dirt than the stock filters (according to their claims, I have no scientific data myself to back this up), and Jeep doesn't put any use limits on their Mopar paper filters. It's all up to you in the end, we are just here trying to give you options. I'm not saying theirs anything wrong with oiled filters, I've had dozens on different things over the years, I just don't think they are worth the extra effort based on my experiences with them. If you've ever sat on the side of a trail trying to break the dust crust off an oiled filter because it is starving your engine you might feel the same way, or maybe not, some people are willing to deal with this for the added benefit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Muddy Ruttzz

Sure, they recommend that for the 3.6 as well. What you have to decide is if the dry filter is adequate for your use or not. I live on the edge of Death Valley and I have determined that the dry filter which I clean every oil change is good enough for my Jeep. It flows better and captures more dirt than the stock filters (according to their claims, I have no scientific data myself to back this up), and Jeep doesn't put any use limits on their Mopar paper filters. It's all up to you in the end, we are just here trying to give you options. I'm not saying theirs anything wrong with oiled filters, I've had dozens on different things over the years, I just don't think they are worth the extra effort based on my experiences with them. If you've ever sat on the side of a trail trying to break the dust crust off an oiled filter because it is starving your engine you might feel the same way, or maybe not, some people are willing to deal with this for the added benefit.
Roger that

Upvote 0
Top Bottom