JT - Sport Max Tow or Willys?

FFPulley77

Hooked
My daughter is asking more and more to go out wheeling and camping with my wife and I and the ole 2-door feels like it’s getting smaller. So I went to see a dealer about the Gladiator and I’ll be ordering one in the next couple weeks. I priced out 2 different trucks, one was a Sport with Max Tow and a few other extras, another was a Willys with some extras. Both are the same price. I really like the fact that the Max Tow comes with 4.10s, but I also like some of the things the Willys comes with.
I guess I’m looking for opinions from some of y’all that have one trim level or the other.
Also, one of the options on the Sport is the beefed up rocker guards with step from Mopar… are these worth the extra $1095 or so?

Dale72

Hooked
I have never looked at the Willys so I can't really say which one is better. Mine is a sport s but not with the max tow. The only thing that I would like to have on mine that I don't have would be the e locker

ScoobyCarolanNC

The max tow has a d44 front axle from what I remember too. Its a great builder platform. On my JL I opted for the rear LSD (I forget what jeep calls it) but it was a GREAT option to get since I wasn't going to wire lockers up.

WJCO

Meme King
My daughter is asking more and more to go out wheeling and camping with my wife and I and the ole 2-door feels like it’s getting smaller. So I went to see a dealer about the Gladiator and I’ll be ordering one in the next couple weeks. I priced out 2 different trucks, one was a Sport with Max Tow and a few other extras, another was a Willys with some extras. Both are the same price. I really like the fact that the Max Tow comes with 4.10s, but I also like some of the things the Willys comes with.
I guess I’m looking for opinions from some of y’all that have one trim level or the other.
Also, one of the options on the Sport is the beefed up rocker guards with step from Mopar… are these worth the extra $1095 or so?
Congrats! I've got the max tow and have about 26k on it now. It's been on 35s nearly the entire time. No complaints. I wouldn't pay that price for the Mopar rockers, I'd rather go aftermarket.

Dale72

Hooked
The max tow has a d44 front axle from what I remember too. Its a great builder platform. On my JL I opted for the rear LSD (I forget what jeep calls it) but it was a GREAT option to get since I wasn't going to wire lockers up.
From what I understand that all the Gladiators comes with the d44 front axle

Dale72

Hooked
It's just that the max tow and the Rubicon axle is a little wider

FFPulley77

Hooked
Congrats! I've got the max tow and have about 26k on it now. It's been on 35s nearly the entire time. No complaints. I wouldn't pay that price for the Mopar rockers, I'd rather go aftermarket.
Thanks! I’m leaning towards the max tow, and I appreciate that input on the rockers. I’ve got the Rubi rockers on my 2-door and they’re fine for what I do, but I think I’ll trust that longer body with aftermarket.

WJCO

Meme King
And every Willys that I have seen on the road has the black grill no matter what color the JT is
This is another reason, I myself would not go with the Willys. I know some people love the black grill, but I really prefer the colored grill. Black doesn't look bad, but I think colored looks better.

Bear_JT

Hooked
My Sport is a Max Tow and I love it so far. It has the DM210 and DM220 (D44) front and rear with 4.10. I think for the price it’s a great option to have a little extra beef from the factory.

onlyone

Definitely the max tow with the wider axles. My diesel didn’t even come with them, which would have been nice so I could use my factory wheels with 37s.

Top Bottom