JT Offset

scruffy

Just joined and already looking for help. Putting together a JT with Dynatrac Pro 60/80 axles and EVO Pro stage 4 plus suspension/ 4.5" lift.
5 months and still waiting for axles and Evo parts. I Know it's C19 supply chain problems. Want to order wheels but not sure about offset.
Nitto trail grapplers, 40 x 13.5 , Raceline 17 x 9 wheels with 4.5 offset? What do you think Eddie? Am I going to have clearance issues?
Also watching to see Eddie on those 42s'. But first get it built with 40s'.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just joined and already looking for help. Putting together a JT with Dynatrac Pro 60/80 axles and EVO Pro stage 4 plus suspension/ 4.5" lift.
5 months and still waiting for axles and Evo parts. I Know it's C19 supply chain problems. Want to order wheels but not sure about offset.
Nitto trail grapplers, 40 x 13.5 , Raceline 17 x 9 wheels with 4.5 offset? What do you think Eddie? Am I going to have clearance issues?

The delays with Dyantrac is NOT a C19 issue as their axles are made in the USA. The crazy long delay is 100% normal. With EVO, the problem is King as they are crazy backed up. If you just want parts minus shocks, you should be able to get them right away.

That said, I assume you ordered your axles in a standard 68.5" width? If so, you should be able to get by with 4.5" of back spacing. If you want to make sure of it, you really should be looking at 3.5".

Also, welcome to WAYALIFE!

Upvote 0

scruffy

Thanks Eddie, Yes on 68.5" axles and I think I'll try to get closer to 3.5" offset. Trying to get some wheels so when axles show up we're ready to go.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, Yes on 68.5" axles and I think I'll try to get closer to 3.5" offset. Trying to get some wheels so when axles show up we're ready to go.

On Moby, we're essentially running the setup you've ordered up and we're currently running ATX Chamber Pro II beadlock wheels which have 4" of back spacing. It's a perfect fit.

Upvote 0

CalSgt

Hooked

I was under the impression the 42" Nittos were a trial run & only a few hundred tires were produced, if you are wanting to go with the 42's you might want to get them ordered while they're still in stock. When I did my EVO stuff my rear coilovers showed up right away & the fronts were delayed by about two months, sounds like king is even further behind now...

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was under the impression the 42" Nittos were a trial run & only a few hundred tires were produced, if you are wanting to go with the 42's you might want to get them ordered while they're still in stock.

If that's true, Mel got something like 80 of them right off the bat. I would give Off Road Evolution a call.

When I did my EVO stuff my rear coilovers showed up right away & the fronts were delayed by about two months, sounds like king is even further behind now...

I went to King with Mel not too long ago and they are crazy backed up right now. I think Mel is placing orders 6 months out and they're still not getting their orders on time. It's the main reason why he's now working with Bilstein as well to help fill orders on standard kits.

Upvote 0

benatc1

Hooked
If that's true, Mel got something like 80 of them right off the bat. I would give Off Road Evolution a call.

I went to King with Mel not too long ago and they are crazy backed up right now. I think Mel is placing orders 6 months out and they're still not getting their orders on time. It's the main reason why he's now working with Bilstein as well to help fill orders on standard kits.
I saw those popping up, makes sense. Do you know if the bilsteins are tuned to his coils at all or if they just match well, like a rancho?

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I saw those popping up, makes sense. Do you know if the bilsteins are tuned to his coils at all or if they just match well, like a rancho?

I'm not 100% sure. If I could guess, they are just matched well. However, I do know that Bilstein has been courting Mel for a long time and told him they could do whatever it was he wanted so, it could be they are tuned. I'll have to find out.

Upvote 0

benatc1

Hooked
I'm not 100% sure. If I could guess, they are just matched well. However, I do know that Bilstein has been courting Mel for a long time and told him they could do whatever it was he wanted so, it could be they are tuned. I'll have to find out.
I was just curious being it was brought up. I often assimilate bilstein with truck shocks so seemed like a likely fit for the JT.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Upvote 0

Dale72

Hooked

I heard King was about a 30 week wait

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Upvote 0

CalSgt

Hooked
It's the main reason why he's now working with Bilstein as well to help fill orders on standard kits.

I heard Bilstein's are backordered right now too, maybe its just specific ones... My buddy with a TJ was trying for months to find some and ended up with PRO Comp's instead, what a waste. The big four wheel drive store he ordered them from told him he could run them inverted (which was wrong), it seemed like he had no shocks at all following him around in Moab. He just ordered a set of the Fox 2.0's, seems like those are in stock

Upvote 0

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I heard Bilstein's are backordered right now too, maybe its just specific ones... My buddy with a TJ was trying for months to find some and ended up with PRO Comp's instead, what a waste. The big four wheel drive store he ordered them from told him he could run them inverted (which was wrong), it seemed like he had no shocks at all following him around in Moab. He just ordered a set of the Fox 2.0's, seems like those are in stock

Not sure if it’s all of their stuff or not. I ordered a set of 5100 shocks for my ‘18 F250 SD and they have a June ETA at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
I thinks it’s the stimulus checks and tax returns that are causing all this. Lol.

Biden Bucks!!!

My FedEx guy told me that between stimulus checks and tax refunds, they've been busier than strippers on nickel night.

Upvote 0

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Biden Bucks!!!

My FedEx guy told me that between stimulus checks and tax refunds, they've been busier than strippers on nickel night.

I believe it. I live in a fairly rural area and was a surprised to see a UPS truck making its rounds around 8pm the other night.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom