JT Fridge Mounting?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
It feels so weird leaving this fridge out in the rain… but I guess I need to make sure it holds up as advertised. So far so good.

That fridge looks good in your JT, I am looking to do something very similar

What size Elements is that?

It’s hard to tell from the picture but does it stick up above the bed? I’d like to put a hard folding bed cover on my JT.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
That fridge looks good in your JT, I am looking to do something very similar

What size Elements is that?

It’s hard to tell from the picture but does it stick up above the bed? I’d like to put a hard folding bed cover on my JT.
The elements only comes in 63qt. The top of the fridge sits flush the the sides of the bed without a slide or any type of mount.

Attachments

• E4AF4568-AEEE-4460-B729-1313676F9919.jpeg
    E4AF4568-AEEE-4460-B729-1313676F9919.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 15

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Aaaand the buttons don’t work anymore. Fml. Fridge is stuck at 32ish on the screen and runs fine… just can’t use any of the buttons. Anyone have any ideas? Gonna call arb on Monday.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Aaaand the buttons don’t work anymore. Fml. Fridge is stuck at 32ish on the screen and runs fine… just can’t use any of the buttons. Anyone have any ideas? Gonna call arb on Monday.
That blows. Guess they forgot to test the waterproof feature before saying it was waterproof.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
That blows. Guess they forgot to test the waterproof feature before saying it was waterproof.
Yeah. Good thing I tried it early. Just went out and pushed hard around the edge of the plastic cover that’s over the buttons and screen and some water came out. Seems like it’s just an adhesive plastic cover… not much for waterproofing in my opinion. If I push hard enough I can shift the whole thing around. If they warranty it I might just peel it off the new one and RTV the edge and put it back on or something. Idk yet. Sunny today so maybe it’ll dry out and start working. I’m kinda scared to use the electronic lock now though.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well that sucks huge donkey dicks. Let us know what they say. Could you even unlock it if you had locked it already?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Sorry for derailing this thread.. but I have an update on the fridge. Arb was really cool about everything. They sent me the service manual and asked if I would be willing/able to replace the control panel and all seals… or they would’ve just send a replacement if I decided not to give it a shot. After verifying that my warranty would still be active being the I would be doing the repairs myself, that’s the route I went. It would’ve been such a pain in the ass for me and them to deal with returns and shipping, which I’m assuming is why they offered this alternative. Anyway, the parts showed up the next day, though I had to wait until today to actually get to it. I have to say, I’m really not impressed with their waterproofing of the control panel. There is only 1 tiny rubber gasket keeping the water out. They sent me 2 replacements…. 1 of which had a gouge out of it in the package.. same with the original gasket. Also, there’s a noticeable gap between the control panel assembly and the fridge body. In theory, the gasket should keep any water out, but it doesn’t. I just siliconed the crap out of it to fill in the gaps and installed all the new parts. So far so good. If anyone gets an elements, I recommend peeling off the button sticker and applying silicone around any gaps.
E569136B-8F2A-44A9-8000-6B824982FEE5.jpeg

Attachments

• 7FE59A57-83F4-4537-8BC0-56C3D10550D6.jpeg
    7FE59A57-83F4-4537-8BC0-56C3D10550D6.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 10

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Damn. Your experience is probably going to keep me from buying this. With the price of that fridge, ARB needs to do a hell of a lot better with weatherproofing that assembly.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Damn. Your experience is probably going to keep me from buying this. With the price of that fridge, ARB needs to do a hell of a lot better with weatherproofing that assembly.
Yeah it’s a pretty flawed design… though I’m fairly confident the silicone I applied today will do the trick. If it doesn’t, I’ll be sure to let you all know about it. Honesty I’m shocked they haven’t updated this thing or made an updated line of weatherproof fridges when they released the zero. Lots of people use trucks… yet this is the only “weatherproof” fridge I could find.

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry for derailing this thread.. but I have an update on the fridge. Arb was really cool about everything. They sent me the service manual and asked if I would be willing/able to replace the control panel and all seals… or they would’ve just send a replacement if I decided not to give it a shot. After verifying that my warranty would still be active being the I would be doing the repairs myself, that’s the route I went. It would’ve been such a pain in the ass for me and them to deal with returns and shipping, which I’m assuming is why they offered this alternative. Anyway, the parts showed up the next day, though I had to wait until today to actually get to it. I have to say, I’m really not impressed with their waterproofing of the control panel. There is only 1 tiny rubber gasket keeping the water out. They sent me 2 replacements…. 1 of which had a gouge out of it in the package.. same with the original gasket. Also, there’s a noticeable gap between the control panel assembly and the fridge body. In theory, the gasket should keep any water out, but it doesn’t. I just siliconed the crap out of it to fill in the gaps and installed all the new parts. So far so good. If anyone gets an elements, I recommend peeling off the button sticker and applying silicone around any gaps.
Man that really sucks. I hope your fix works. But honestly, I did a silicone trick like that on a 100 dollar Chinese light bar and it worked great, but for a 1500 dollar fridge, I wouldn't consider it. I really hope ARB re-designs it at some point and I really hope the fix you did works for you in the meantime.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Yeah it’s a pretty flawed design… though I’m fairly confident the silicone I applied today will do the trick. If it doesn’t, I’ll be sure to let you all know about it. Honesty I’m shocked they haven’t updated this thing or made an updated line of weatherproof fridges when they released the zero. Lots of people use trucks… yet this is the only “weatherproof” fridge I could find.
Well my control panel crapped out again after a fairly decent rain. Arb was really good about sending another replacement. Gonna silicone it again and see if I can get another couple years out of it.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thats a bummer. So much for the element part of the name.
Funny that they actually advertise this thing as their “flagship” but it has issues like this and hasn’t been updated at all.

edit: I must say that this thing has been amazing to have though. Haven’t used a traditional cooler except for longer trips. I put all my food in the fridge and drinks in the ice. That way the food isn’t swimming by the time we get back. Also had an ice cream cake at the beach for one of my kids birthdays. Definitely a lot of pros, really just this one control panel issue is the main thing. The good thing is the fridge still runs at whatever temp I left it at. Just the buttons quit working.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Funny that they actually advertise this thing as their “flagship” but it has issues like this and hasn’t been updated at all.

edit: I must say that this thing has been amazing to have though. Haven’t used a traditional cooler except for longer trips. I put all my food in the fridge and drinks in the ice. That way the food isn’t swimming by the time we get back. Also had an ice cream cake at the beach for one of my kids birthdays. Definitely a lot of pros, really just this one control panel issue is the main thing. The good thing is the fridge still runs at whatever temp I left it at. Just the buttons quit working.
Honestly the buttons suck on my two regular arb fridges. Both my 37 and 50 have buttons that suck. The fridge is great but the buttons seems like a lack of quality.

Top Bottom