Job Opportunity

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
EDITED TO EXPAND TO ALL OPEN OPPORTUNITIES

(Original Post 4/2/14)Hey all. I have been following a thread of 20 and under Jeepers showing their rigs and it got me starting to think what a great group of young guys that are around this forum that I might be able to tap into and provide a new opportunity to.

To take a step back, I am a regional manager for a commercial roofing company (www.peachstateinc.com). We are always looking for young guys who are looking to work hard and find something different than the usual job offers. Sometimes it is a struggle to get the younger guys to see roofing as a possible career opportunity as it is not the most glamorous industry in the world. What I can offer though, is a great opportunity to try something, work hard, make some decent money, learn some things and who knows, maybe you're one of the guys for who it is a good career path.

Right now in our southern California branch located in Orange, Ca I am looking to get someone new started in such a position. What we like to do is bring in someone with no roofing knowledge and have you start at the very bottom and work through all of the different positions in the field to learn the systems and processes. It is usually about an 18 month timeline to the point of which someone has gained the skills and understanding required not only to perform at the next level but to understand what they personally want to from their career.

So many times, we see people come in looking for a sales position only to realize after while that what they really love doing is operations, working in the field, estimating, or repair and diagnostics. If you think this might be something for you, please let me know and we can chat about more information. Also, if you are not located in southern california but maybe are near one of our other 14 offices around the country (see our website linked above), let me know and I can pass your information along to one of my counterparts.

Hopefully there are a few guys out there I can find to help us and we can provide and opportunity to make a career and buy new Jeep parts!

CURRENT OPENINGS AS OF 5/17/16

-Orange, CA Local Outside Sales Rep
-Orange, CA Assistant Project Manager
-Livermore, CA Local Outside Sales Rep
-Cincinnati, OH Operations Project Manager

If you might be interested in one of the positions above or a possible opening in another branch, feel free to PM me for more information.

Last edited:
Wow! Really great for you to share this opportunity. If I weren't still in high school from 8-2pm, I might take you up on your offer!

JKDriver

Thats pretty cool! Yeah, a lot of kids don't think some of the construction trades are great options and definitely not glamorous. I worked my way through college doing roofing, hanging red iron, and working high rise stress cables. It took me 4 years as a manager before I made equivalent money. Let us know how this works out for you!
I need to post some of my job openings with my local jeep club.....

Chevy Dave

I'm 21 almost 22 and paying for college on my own. I have been working nothing but manual labor jobs since I was 14, often two jobs at a time. Not as easy as something indoors but I love being outside and love the rewarding feeling I get from accomplishing something with my own two hands. Even after I graduate I plan to stay with my current company (Menards) and keep working my way up until something better comes along. I have worked in two different Menards lumber yards over the last four years and even though I am basically just a working grunt the possibilites to move up are definitely present for those who apply themselves, work hard, and show some ambition.
It's pretty cool of you to offer this opportunity and if I was done with school and in so cal it would be tempting. Hopefully someone will take you up on it and seize the opportunity. True, I am in college trying to get a degree, but there is still nothing wrong with working hard to build a better future for yourself. This seems like a good opportunity for someone who didn't go to college, isn't going to go to college, and isn't affraid to work hard. Good luck finding someone!

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I'm 21 almost 22 and paying for college on my own. I have been working nothing but manual labor jobs since I was 14, often two jobs at a time. Not as easy as something indoors but I love being outside and love the rewarding feeling I get from accomplishing something with my own two hands. Even after I graduate I plan to stay with my current company (Menards) and keep working my way up until something better comes along. I have worked in two different Menards lumber yards over the last four years and even though I am basically just a working grunt the possibilites to move up are definitely present for those who apply themselves, work hard, and show some ambition.
It's pretty cool of you to offer this opportunity and if I was done with school and in so cal it would be tempting. Hopefully someone will take you up on it and seize the opportunity. True, I am in college trying to get a degree, but there is still nothing wrong with working hard to build a better future for yourself. This seems like a good opportunity for someone who didn't go to college, isn't going to go to college, and isn't affraid to work hard. Good luck finding someone!

Hopefully there is no confusion, but we have a lot of college guys come through too.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Bumping this thread.

Currently looking for;

-Someone in Southern California (Orange, Ca) for the field and management side of the business.

-Someone in Northern California (Dublin, Ca) with a college degree and some sales experience looking for a career sales opportunity.

Please PM if you are interested and we can discuss.

rubicrawl

I'll work for you I charge $100 an hour after 8 hours double time paid holidays and vacation and drive to work and home when do I start

ttfhell

Bumping this thread.

Currently looking for;

-Someone in Southern California (Orange, Ca) for the field and management side of the business.

-Someone in Northern California (Dublin, Ca) with a college degree and some sales experience looking for a career sales opportunity.

Is there a height requirement?

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Bumping this thread.

Currently looking for;

I need another job but I'm not in either one of those towns [emoji19]

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Updated Listings

CURRENT OPENINGS AS OF 3/15/16

Last edited:

NavyJeeper

CURRENT OPENINGS AS OF 3/15/16

My enlistment is up soon with the navy and I would like to keep working in a physical type job. What would be the next step to get involved with this opportunity? Thank you

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
CURRENT OPENINGS AS OF 5/17/16

Top Bottom