JLU Spring height information & part numbers

nixjhnsn

Hey all,

would anyone know what is the height difference between spring coils for the Sahra JLU and the Rubicon JLU. I am considering changing my springs with the Rubicon JLU springs. i have heard that there is a difference of 1.5" from the standard JLU coils. if anyone has an idea of how true this information, i would like to have some feedback.

i am planning to change my sahara suspension to the rubicon suspension.

Nix

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll get some height out of the Rubicon springs but 1.5"? I doubt that. Maybe if you had a 2-door but being that you have a 4-door, it'll give you closer to 0.5"-1" at most. Also, you ride will be firmer.

Upvote 0

nixjhnsn

You'll get some height out of the Rubicon springs but 1.5"? I doubt that. Maybe if you had a 2-door but being that you have a 4-door, it'll give you closer to 0.5"-1" at most. Also, you ride will be firmer.
@wayoflife thank you very much for your feedback. Is there is a brand or an option to have an 1.5" coil spring lift. how about if I look at the 2" coil springs for the JL and utilize them for the JLU, in your opinion do u think it would work?

Nix

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
@wayoflife thank you very much for your feedback. Is there is a brand or an option to have an 1.5" coil spring lift. how about if I look at the 2" coil springs for the JL and utilize them for the JLU, in your opinion do u think it would work?

Nix
If you're referring to the Mopar coils, you will get over 3" of actual lift with them. If you're dead set on a true 1.5" lift, I might give the Dynatrac lift a look as that's about all you'll get from their 2" lift. Otherwise, I might recommend coil spacers are cheap and will get you exactly what they're sized for.

Upvote 0

CalSgt

Hooked
If you're referring to the Mopar coils, you will get over 3" of actual lift with them. If you're dead set on a true 1.5" lift, I might give the Dynatrac lift a look as that's about all you'll get from their 2" lift. Otherwise, I might recommend coil spacers are cheap and will get you exactly what they're sized for.
This^^^ Coil spacers worked great for me, easy on the wallet too.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom