JLU soft top

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok so after having my 2 door jk for years we added a JLU last summer. In the few times I have put the top back on it I feel like it isn’t laying right. More than likely it’s just me but wanted to make sure from the 4 door experts.

IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg

In my opinion it should lay flatter and not look like to much of a parachute on the back. It even blocks almost all of my 37” nitto on the back. Is it sitting right or am I over thinking it

jamesish

Ordered my BestTop Super Ultra and should be arriving soon. Hopefully it’s just as easy but with the videos I’ve watched it should be relatively the same . Chose this over the Mopar soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks similar to mine when it's folded. You can release the arms from the cage and put a strap on the top and it will sit lower.

Sent from my SM-G981U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok glad it’s not just me then.

That is a good idea. Will have to keep that in mind for longer drives down the highway and stuff. Around town or short trips it’s fine but a longer drive straps seem the way to go. Thanks!

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
Do any of you JL guys with a soft top wish you'd gotten a hard top instead? We have a hard top and yes it's a little bit of a pain in the ass to remove it so we've talked about getting a soft top instead. But the soft tops on the JLs just don't seem to sit as low as the JKs (as mentioned here in this thread) and that's our only hesitation. As much as it sucks removing the hard top, once it's off, it's gone and it of the way. My wife and I have talked about this a few times.

Upvote 0

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
I went from a hardtop jk to my jl with a soft top. I personally love it I never removed the top on my jk cause it was a pain but I drive with the top down a lot on my jl. I think the big reason for the top not sitting low is there is a latch mechanism so that the top can be raised and lowered by one person. Good news is that it takes less than 5 mins to put the top up and down. Especially since they got rid of the zippers.
Do any of you JL guys with a soft top wish you'd gotten a hard top instead? We have a hard top and yes it's a little bit of a pain in the ass to remove it so we've talked about getting a soft top instead. But the soft tops on the JLs just don't seem to sit as low as the JKs (as mentioned here in this thread) and that's our only hesitation. As much as it sucks removing the hard top, once it's off, it's gone and it of the way. My wife and I have talked about this a few times.

Sent from my SM-G981U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Upvote 0

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Outside of it not sitting low enough as my jk does I really like the soft top. Easier to take the windows out and fold the soft top down and even easier to fold it up. Takes half the time of my jk

Upvote 0

jeeeep

Hooked

I traded the soft top for a hard top, not as easy to remove but the soft top seems to get in the way of storage options

Upvote 0

Seahawkfan

Hooked

Pretty sure the JL Reg. Trek Top sits lower than the Ultra. If lower means while the top is up. I believe the difference is the ultra will folds back to uncover rear seats on the first fold and Trek first fold will just uncover the front seats. If that makes any sense.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom