JL Wrangler Coolant

Andy5160

Hooked
Can anyone clarify which coolant from Mopar is right for the JL. I looked at the owners manual and from what I understand JL uses concentrated version 10 years 150k miles which needs to be diluted with distilled water. Mopar also sells 50x50 prediluted version however I am not sure it can be used. They are both OAT coolants.
Anyway, what is the right coolant to add to the existing one without causing any issues? Thank you.

Jeeper99

Here's a whole thread on the topic.

There's no majic. Fundamentally, you have ethylene glycol and propylene glycol coolants. You can use any ethylene glycol based coolant. Prestone makes a compatible coolant. Don't use propylene glycol. I believe this information is in the owners manual.

Last edited by a moderator:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Here's a whole thread on the topic.

There's no majic. Fundamentally, you have ethylene glycol and propylene glycol coolants. You can use any ethylene glycol based coolant. Prestone makes a compatible coolant. Don't use propylene glycol. I believe this information is in the owners manual.
No. Don’t post links like that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what I did wrong. Just trying to help the OP.
Unlike the link that you posted up that goes to a multi-million dollar corporate forum, this one exists because Cindy and I pay for it out of our own pockets and so that guys like you can use it for free. If you can answer a question, like you did and without redirecting others away from here, we would be most grateful.

Top Bottom