Jl Rubicon diesel

Ringo

Looking for anyone that has gotten a upgrade or solution for the high pressure fuel pump issue???
Thx

Ringo

There is a recall on the cp4 pump with no replacement or fix....cam roller doesn't have a roll pin and turns in wrong direction which causes metal to metal wear into fuel injection

Ringo

Any choices for the high pressure fuel pump issue or company's to look at for different model???

JT@623

Hooked
No viable upgrade as long as there using Bosch pumps . I’m sure retrofitting one would be next to impossible and void any warranty.

Ringo

Sadly a recall issued with no fix is very common. There was a GM recall that was open for about 3 years that parts just became available last year.
Man that sucks, looking to maybe trade ....having very hard time finding a Rubicon extreme recon v6

onlyone

I don’t plan on trading. No reason to. The problem is there, but not as wide spread as many think. I wouldn’t worry too much about it until you have a problem, that most likely won’t happen. The chances of that piston turning are pretty small, although it does happen unfortunately. Enjoy your Jeep and don’t worry about what may.

onlyone

I‘m sure they are doing the retrofit back to the CP3 pump, just like they are doing in the 19-20 HD 6.7 rams. In 21 Ram went back to the CP3 which has been extremely reliable. Just a matter of time. Looking forward to it. The 3.0 will be pretty bullet proof after that.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don’t plan on trading. No reason to. The problem is there, but not as wide spread as many think. I wouldn’t worry too much about it until you have a problem, that most likely won’t happen. The chances of that piston turning are pretty small, although it does happen unfortunately. Enjoy your Jeep and don’t worry about what may.
Well I’ve read the diesels are notorious for all kinds of problems.

TrailHunter

Hooked
There is a recall on the cp4 pump with no replacement or fix....cam roller doesn't have a roll pin and turns in wrong direction which causes metal to metal wear into fuel injection
Sadly a recall issued with no fix is very common. There was a GM recall that was open for about 3 years that parts just became available last year.
Wasn't there a similar issue a few years ago with Bosch pumps in GM diesels fucking up the whole engine?

Top Bottom