Jeep won't start after LED headlights...

Colorado4

2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU.

Installed LED tail lights, no issues.

Installed LED head lights, all worked fine. A week or so later I get home, shut off engine, comeback in a few minutes and it won’t start, as in short turn and click.

Tried a few more times and it starts.

Ran diagnostics and showed B1630 and B162C Right and left low beam, control circuit high. Also had a B2305 which apparently means "WIPER PARK SWITCH INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH" (this code went away when I ran diagnostics again.)

Happened again after I had been driving, shut off came back an hour and a quick turn and click. Tried few more times and finally started.

Replaced starter as I thought that was it.

Started fine, drove for an hour, let sit 2 hours later, won’t start, tried multiple time no luck.

I removed LED head lights, cleared codes and tried again, still no start. I checked battery voltage, it was 12.6, battery was replaced December.

If Jeep is cold she starts fine, only when it has run for awhile and is still hot does it act up.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GP NOIR

Hooked
Check your battery terminals. Loosen them up, press them down on the battery posts and tighten them.

I had the same thing happen on my Wrangler and it was the battery terminals.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Could be internal battery cell shorting out or the negative cable isn’t fully secure like mentioned above.

Angus2BCJ

gotta be Earth, right?
I imagine so. I was curious, though, due to OP's statement "If Jeep is cold she starts fine, only when it has run for awhile and is still hot does it act up." When the negative terminal self-loosened on mine, it wouldn't start. I just wanted to know for sure because the issue seemed as if it were related to the LED light installation.

Top Bottom