Jeep Stalls Out When in Reverse

Jsouder53

Hooked
Lately I haven’t been driving the Jeep as much since I only have to drive 2 minutes down the road then switch to a company vehicle. When I get back to the Jeep after work, jump in and put it in reverse to back out of my parking spot, it stalls out. I believe it has something to do with not driving it so much or since the engine is cold... It drives fine other than that issue. I put some Lucas fuel conditioner in the other day to see if it would help. It hasn’t changed anything

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lately I haven’t been driving the Jeep as much since I only have to drive 2 minutes down the road then switch to a company vehicle. When I get back to the Jeep after work, jump in and put it in reverse to back out of my parking spot, it stalls out. I believe it has something to do with not driving it so much or since the engine is cold... It drives fine other than that issue. I put some Lucas fuel conditioner in the other day to see if it would help. It hasn’t changed anything

Does it stall after the Jeep has warmed up when you put it in reverse?

Jsouder53

Hooked
Does it stall after the Jeep has warmed up when you put it in reverse?

Not normally... After it stalls, I start it back up and rev it up a bit. As long as I keep up the rpms when I reverse, it’s fine. After I’ve been driving it around for a little while, it doesn’t happen.

It just has me puzzled on why it would stall.

Top Bottom