Jeep JL Wrangler and Jeep JT Gladiator Steering Damper Class Action Lawsuit Settlement

jal

Nothing thiS week but got this in the mail today,anyone else?
46113D50-567C-4F3B-AC10-50ECFA513C2D.jpeg

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF MICHIGAN
NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS SETTLEMENT
A proposed class action settlement may affect your rights and entitle you to certain benefits if you
purchased or leased in the United States a Model Year 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler or 2020 Jeep Gladiator.
A federal court authorized this notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
Your rights are affected regardless of whether you act or do nothing.
Read this notice carefully.
Visite www.cptgroupcaseinfo.com/FCAUSSettlement para obtener una copia de este aviso en español.
 The purpose of this notice is to inform you of a proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit known as Reynolds, et al. v.
FCA US, LLC, No. 2:19-cv-11745 (E.D. Mich.). You are receiving this notice because records available to the parties
indicate that you may be entitled to claim certain benefits offered by this Settlement.
 This Action alleges that model-year 2018-2020 Jeep Wranglers and 2020 Jeep Gladiators (“Class Vehicles”) suffer from
a defect in the front suspension steering damper that causes the steering wheel and front suspension to shake after the
Class Vehicle contacts a bumpy road surface at normal highway speeds.
 FCA US has not been found liable for any of the claims alleged in this Action, and FCA US denies the Class Vehicles are
defective. The Court has not decided who is right. The Parties have instead reached a voluntary settlement to avoid lengthy
litigation and to expedite relief to consumers. The consumers who own or lease the Class Vehicles are known as “Class
Members.”
 FCA US has voluntarily implemented a Customer Service Notification (“CSN”) applicable to certain Class Vehicles to
remedy the alleged condition.
 The proposed Settlement provides a warranty extension of up to 8 years or 90,000 miles from the date the vehicle was
first sold to its original owner or lessee (whichever occurs first) that covers the cost of all parts and labor to replace a
failed front suspension steering damper (“Warranty Extension”).
 Under the proposed Settlement, FCA US will also reimburse Class Members who paid out-of-pocket for the costs of a
repair relating to the replacement of the front suspension steering damper.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeeeep

Hooked
it's only for the steering damper (stabilizer) that doesn't fix the actual issue.

They put out a TSB last year (forget how long ago), maybe it was a recall but I got the notice to take it to the dealer for an upgraded stabilizer.

I took a pic of the part number stamped on it before taking it in, the replacement had a different number but otherwise looked the same; maybe it was firmer (what she said)

warranty extension of up to 8 years or 90,000 miles pffft.. may as well send out bags of shit

JWasko

Caught the Bug
Just received this today. Haven’t looked into it. If it’s anything like the last class action suit I attached to it netted me the equivalent of a gallon of fuel. \_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like this is going to help the people that fixed the actual issue… (Steering Box). Hopefully, this is only the first step. Considering Jeep has swapped any stabilizers that were involved, I’m not really sure what the point to this is. May help those who swapped the stabilizer themselves…

Top Bottom