Intermittent blinking rear locker

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So, I'm getting an odd but intermittent blinking rear locker indicator on Jabberjaw. This is on the road, and often at very slow speed or when stopped at a light. The locker isn't on (at least not from me putting it on) and I have made sure to hit the off switch multiple times.

Just an electrical glitch? Or is this something I should be more concerned about?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
So, I'm getting an odd but intermittent blinking rear locker indicator on Jabberjaw. This is on the road, and often at very slow speed or when stopped at a light. The locker isn't on (at least not from me putting it on) and I have made sure to hit the off switch multiple times.

Just an electrical glitch? Or is this something I should be more concerned about?

That’s super weird. Being that it’s so new, I’d take it straight to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

Go in reverse about 10 mph then slam it in drive and floor it. This will tell you the locker is on or not. Oh and video it please [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Agh you don’t need it. Just get 60s and air lockers. Turn that light off with a tazer and you’re good.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
After quick google search I'm seeing replace rear axle was the dealers answer.:crazyeyes: Looks like your not the first.

Edit: My bad looks like I was looking at JL problems.

Last edited:

JKbrick

Helpful as always. Lol.

Lol, when my son got his JT ironically it came with a bad instrument cluster right when I was dealing with that with mine. I don’t recall the symptoms so I guess I’m still no help but it’s an experience

jeeeep

Hooked
my neighbor asked if I was having that issue with my JL because he bought a JT couple of months ago and his rear locker was blinking but not engaged.

After some research, turns out some of the switches inside the locker leak and allow oil to get inside the switch.

Dealer replaced the switch and hasn't had any issues since.

I stand corrected, asked my neighbor and the entire axle was replaced, 2 week wait at the time ... 1 small switch, entire axle :hmm:

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
my neighbor asked if I was having that issue with my JL because he bought a JT couple of months ago and his rear locker was blinking but not engaged.

After some research, turns out some of the switches inside the locker leak and allow oil to get inside the switch.

I stand corrected, asked my neighbor and the entire axle was replaced, 2 week wait at the time ... 1 small switch, entire axle :hmm:

That’s insane

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

That’s nuts.

Bierpower

Hooked
I would imagine the axles are shipped to the assembly plant in one piece so if they have an issue they just put a new axle in and send the old one back to the supplier to be remanned.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Suspect

Yup there’s some photos floating around the internet that show the switches flooded with oil. I forget the companies name but someone makes a cable that bypasses the switch and fixes the problem entirely.

I haven’t had this issue yet but the rumor is it’ll happen to all of them eventually.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Yup there’s some photos floating around the internet that show the switches flooded with oil. I forget the companies name but someone makes a cable that bypasses the switch and fixes the problem entirely.

I haven’t had this issue yet but the rumor is it’ll happen to all of them eventually.

Looking into the Z automotive Tazer for my JT. I found the cable that would bypass and fix this issue on their website. Would definitely save time at the dealer waiting for the entire axle to be replaced. Question is how bad is it for the switched to remain flooded? Also the cable is $180.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Well shit, I hope it isn’t that. Actually, it hasn’t happened again since I posted but if it does, at least I know what to say to the dealer.

Thanks all.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Damn, that's crazy.

jesse3638

Hooked
Looking into the Z automotive Tazer for my JT. I found the cable that would bypass and fix this issue on their website. Would definitely save time at the dealer waiting for the entire axle to be replaced. Question is how bad is it for the switched to remain flooded? Also the cable is $180.
Why pay to fix something that's under warranty? I'd save my $180 and buy something else and let the dealer deal with it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom