Installing a GMRS radio

RCC

While I’m waiting on the rest of my suspension and other parts to arrive I’m trying to get the other things done on my Gladiator.

I have after reading here and watching videos to educate myself that GMRS is probably the best way to go for now.

I was looking at this kit from midland- Link

Does anyone here run a similar set up? This gives me the option to communicate with other GMRS and FRS radios so I assume that would cover most group trips.

Tixslam

I went with the MXT275, it has less power than the one you are looking at but it works fine on the rides I have been on. I also used a front fender mount from Cooltech with a Midland MXTA26 32" whip. No issues and I am quite impressed with broadcasting and reception.

Upvote 0

TrailHunter

Hooked
I installed the MXT275 and the antenna is mounted right where the CB antenna was... behind the spare... It has worked awesome so far.. I also keep GMRS handhelds for other Jeepers or hiking/camp with the kids.. or for spotting. I also have a Baofeng if the group is running race radio or HAM. And if I need to run CB I can just hook up the Cobra 75 mic and swap the Antenna real quick... I’m ready for whatever.

GMRS is so much clearer than CB... I really like it.

CD6C8C7C-76C8-4815-BD3A-E157B400A0BF.jpeg 7ED4F8C5-6BCA-487B-825E-43A0DDB2AD50.jpeg

Reactions: RCC
Upvote 0
Top Bottom