Industrial Engineering

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Driving a USFS trail in Michigan's western Upper Peninsula, starting passing by this lake. Then did a double-take over my shoulder. Had to stop and admire.
Biggest beaver dam I've personally seen. At the middle it's a good 6-8' tall. Across it's length, perhaps 75'. For reference, that lodge pole pine at the left end reaches over 100'.

Just one more reason to go down the path less traveled. JTP-20210531-0212.JPG

Jsouder53

Hooked
Driving a USFS trail in Michigan's western Upper Peninsula, starting passing by this lake. Then did a double-take over my shoulder. Had to stop and admire.
Biggest beaver dam I've personally seen. At the middle it's a good 6-8' tall. Across it's length, perhaps 75'. For reference, that lodge pole pine at the left end reaches over 100'.

Just one more reason to go down the path less traveled. View attachment 368235
I haven’t seen a big beaver dam in a long time. They are very impressive!

wjtstudios

Hooked
They’re a pain in the ass. They keep flooding my dad’s property, and are relentless about repairing it after we dismantle the dam. They are going to be trapped out of there soon.

but aside from that, they are amazing engineers. If people worked half as hard as they do, this world would be a much better place.

Yuri

At one point in my past I worked for the Park Service. One of our duties was breaking up beaver dams like this. Great job for a young lad, fresh out of the military! Not only did I have the keys to all the park service gates, but THEY PAID ME to drive a Power Wagon out in the middle of nowhere to break these up! Many would get so big they would flood whole areas. Wasn’t easy to give that job up.

Jsouder53

Hooked
At one point in my past I worked for the Park Service. One of our duties was breaking up beaver dams like this. Great job for a young lad, fresh out of the military! Not only did I have the keys to all the park service gates, but THEY PAID ME to drive a Power Wagon out in the middle of nowhere to break these up! Many would get so big they would flood whole areas. Wasn’t easy to give that job up.
That sounds like a fun job!

JKbrick

Was dynamite ever involved?

Top Bottom