Holy gods of horsepower - Hellcat 707 HP

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/01/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-707-horsepower-official-video/

I thought they would just be happy besting the GT500's 662, but 707 is absolutely awesome. We truly do live in the greatest age of muscle cars.

On another note, I can only hope the 2015/16 refresh for the Viper now back under the Dodge brand will put it where it righteously so belongs as the most powerful American car with the rumored 750ish HP. But that is probably just a dream. Oh well, at least we get the Hellcat.....oh and let's see who puts this monster engine trans combo into a JK first.

RockyJk

is this supposed to be a production car or a crate engine package?

RLTW!!!

Supposed to hit show room floors later this year . There is supposed to be 2 levels of srt challengers now the regular srt with the 392 and this hellcat version

noroad

OMG I just got a chubster from that video!!! Must have oneeeee i have been dreaming of buying this car!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
The Hellcat is exciting and I hope dodge/Chrysler utilize it in other platforms. Thought about the hellcat engine in the JK. In reality it's rumored to be a 6.2L that resembles some of the older 6.1L Hemi specs with the addition of a blower. Older WK1 SRT8's could be achieve far more power than the hellcat using aftermarket forced induction systems. But for those looking for a JK adaptation of the hellcat engine another option would be a Chevy LS9 engine which already has crate engines available from GM rather than waiting another year or two for the possible hellcat crate engine from Chrysler. I just wonder about the cooling issues from a big force fed V8 in a rock crawling JK under load.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been thinking about a 2nd car.... I feel the need for speed and since Texas is about as close to hell as you can get, Hellcat is appropriately named! :rock:

jmatta33

so what your saying is, I need to hold off on my 6.4 swap and wait for this to go into production. got it!

RLTW!!!

Jeeper Jr.

I'm a Mustang fanboy and I thought we had the HP war in the bag with the GT500. 707hp is madness.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I guess I'm the odd guy out here... I'm not a fan of the Challenger. While I like some of the tweaks to the styling here I still hate the endless flat steel in the sides that causes them to look tall and skinny. I have driven two SRTs and I thought they were one of the poorest handling newer cars I have ever been in. Even the 392 HP versions (or whatever they made) struggled to put any of the power to the ground in a useful manner so I can't image this version to be worth anything other than smoke and noise. When I put them in the corners I found the car pushed BADLY and if you try to tap the brakes to put some weight on the nose it quickly turned into oversteer. I think this is a big pass for me. I would rather drive my Mazda 3!

Last edited:

07JKSahara

I guess I'm the odd guy out here... I'm not a fan of the Challenger. While I like some of the tweaks to the styling here I still hate the endless flat steel in the sides that causes them to look tall and skinny. I have driven two SRTs and I thought they were one of the poorest handling newer cars I have ever been in. Even the 392 HP versions (or whatever they made) struggled to put any of the power to the ground in a useful manner so I can't image this version to be worth anything other than smoke and noise. When I put them in the corners I found the car pushed BADLY and if you try to tap the brakes to put some weight on the nose it quickly turned into oversteer. I think this is a big pass for me. I would rather drive my Mazda 3!

I'm with you. Friend of mine has the 07 GT500 that's he's very liberal about who drives it. I think it's 525 hp to the wheels...it's still a production car that isn't really up the "challenge" of all those horses. They'd be better building ground up so the suspension can be dialed. Just 2 cents.

2013CGJKU

That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this. Dodge DeathTrap. Let's take a bad chassis and stuff 700+ hp in it... great idea! :rolleyes:

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Who wants to corner a ride like this? It's made for a straight line.

And yet they don't do that well either.... These things are left spinning their tires at the lights while the other car is at half track :yup: They even have a picture of it in the promo.

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Photo Gallery - Autoblog - Google Chrome_2014-07-02_11-32-59.png

2013CGJKU

Who wants to corner a ride like this? It's made for a straight line.

That's the problem. Without a good chassis, ESPECIALLY from a dig, the attempt to go in a straight line will be far from straight and not very fast. Above 80, this thing will probably be all sorts of fun... until you have to slow down. Not to mention, you are trying to kill yourself/someone else or go to jail at the speeds you would have to go to have some fun in this thing.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Top Bottom