Hello from Temecula!

Viravong04

Hello just joined and I was hoping I can get assistance with my jeep Wrangler from others that may have had the same issue!

I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL and I have these 2 codes that P0850 and U1267. I also have the "Service Shifter" error.

I drove through standing water on my way to workand it was as high as my tire and made it to work fine with no issues. I have no lift on the jeep. And I was coming off 24 duty the next day and tried to leave but it wouldnt let me shift to gear. It started and idled with no issues. But then engine light came on and service shifter error.

Please any assistance will help! Thank you in advance.

WJCO

Meme King
Hello just joined and I was hoping I can get assistance with my jeep Wrangler from others that may have had the same issue!

I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL and I have these 2 codes that P0850 and U1267. I also have the "Service Shifter" error.

I drove through standing water on my way to workand it was as high as my tire and made it to work fine with no issues. I have no lift on the jeep. And I was coming off 24 duty the next day and tried to leave but it wouldnt let me shift to gear. It started and idled with no issues. But then engine light came on and service shifter error.

Please any assistance will help! Thank you in advance.
If I recall, there's an access panel in front of the shifter where you can manually bypass it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I recall, there's an access panel in front of the shifter where you can manually bypass it.
This ^^^. If you look in front of your shifter, there is an access panel that you can remove on the center console and pulling it should free up your shifter.

matt

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife, Sorry to hear about the issues. I hope these guys got your sorted out. 👋 Jeep Wave

NPC 6060⁸42

Search says
Code P0850 Jeep Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit
AutoCodes.com › p0850_jeep

Code P0850 Jeep Description. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Park/Neutral Switch signal. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the Park/
What are the Possible Causes of the DTC U1267 Jeep? NOTE: The causes shown may not be a complete list of all potential problems, and it is possible that there may be other causes. Faulty Electronic Shift Module (ESM) Electronic Shift Module harness is open or shorted Electronic Shift Module circuit poor electrical connection

It sounds like water got into that system and is causing a fault. Looks to be a pretty easy fix

Viravong04

Search says
Code P0850 Jeep Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit
AutoCodes.com › p0850_jeep

Code P0850 Jeep Description. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Park/Neutral Switch signal. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the Park/
What are the Possible Causes of the DTC U1267 Jeep? NOTE: The causes shown may not be a complete list of all potential problems, and it is possible that there may be other causes. Faulty Electronic Shift Module (ESM) Electronic Shift Module harness is open or shorted Electronic Shift Module circuit poor electrical connection

It sounds like water got into that system and is causing a fault. Looks to be a pretty easy fix
I've been trying to look for the part. And see how much the fix will cost me because I had to come back from deployment early for family.

Top Bottom