Hello from Burlington, NC

johnstanford819

I have owned a 1987 Jeep Cherokee then a 2002 Cherokee and now that they are gone I purchased a 1997 Wrangler SE about 2 months ago that was in very bad shape. I wanted a retirement project and I definitely got one. It h as a Rough Country lift and Wild Country 33-12.50 tires on Mickey Thompson Classic 2 wheels.
It has a new Quadratrac top. I have replaced 3 broken wheel studs, the right front brake rotor, put rethread kits for both bolts holding the brake caliper on the same wheel. I replaced the stock transfer case linkage because It wouldn't work with a Novac cable system. That works great. Replaced vents in the dash. Took the KC lighting that was mounted in the cowling and moved them up to the windshield bracket. The cowling had to be repaired and repainted. Almost all electrical wiring needed repair as it was shorting out and causing the engine to run rough and throw error codes. I have replaced bolts for the rear seat, body and front bumper. I had only 2 bolts holding the bumper on. I had to cut and drill out the others. I replaced the trailer tail lights with stock tail lights. I just replaced the speedometer gear and checked fluids. The manual transmission fluid is low and looks like it has ATF and not gear oil. I'm draining it as I type and my Amsoil order should be here tomorrow. I think it will be ready for the road and some new trails.
I have a High Lift Jack and a fire extinguisher and tools for changing tires along with chain, tow strap, and a tree saver. I have a mud hole on my property so I have added fenders, which were not there when purchased. I have never really done any work on a vehicle except oil changes prior to this. I talked to my mechanic and he laughs..."You own a Jeep now you have to learn to work on it yourself so if it breaks off road you can get home"...If you see me wave...John

Top Bottom