Hatfield/McCoy Trails

coach

There's everything from mild to wild there. It's been a huge ATV and SxS destination for years, but just recently opened up to full size rigs. Plenty of rocks, off camber stuff, etc.

Danny4652

How is it with all the atv's? I know I've been some places and some of those ATV's can be a PITA, cutting u off, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rollincoal420

I've heard about this new set of trail systems. Post pics, let us know how it goes!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Trembley

Sub'd to this..that would be a destination for me that I'd love to see at some point...keep us posted!

coach

How is it with all the atv's? I know I've been some places and some of those ATV's can be a PITA, cutting u off, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

There are different trails for the ATV crowd and the full size trails aren't trail flea friendly. :)

Tumbleweed

I haven't been to Ivy Branch yet, but likely will in October. Looking forward to it.

I've ATV'd at H/M a LOT. 12-15 times over the last 8 years.

BTW: It's about the same 515 miles to Man or Coal Creek or Rausch Creek or Evarts, KY or...

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
We are hoping to do both ivy branch and Rausch creek while we are back there. On another thread there is a poll on which sept weekend "wayalifers" will go to Rausch creek. I hope it is the weekend we will be in the area. I also hope I can get t least one more wayalifer to run ivy branch with me ...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Subscribed... This is less than a 3-hour drive for me. I would love to check it out. (I'm not sure where it will fit in my fall schedule though)

If I went I would want to keep it on Green until I get a feel for there ratings. One man's Blue is another's Red. And would likely cover a lot by foot before committing to a trail. I am pretty conservative with new places. Especially when I gotta' drive the rig home.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I am pretty conservative with new places. Especially when I gotta' drive the rig home.

I hear that! I am up for most any trail but will go with whatever anyone else is comfortable with. I just want to get into some of those backwoods areas! It is much different wheeling than what we have out here in the west.

I hear that! I am up for most any trail but will go with whatever anyone else is comfortable with. I just want to get into some of those backwoods areas! It is much different wheeling than what we have out here in the west.

That it is... Not saying one is harder than the other, but it is very different. Let me know when you are planning on being in the area... My local club (Muddy Buddys) is about 250 members, (all Jeep Wranglers). We have something going almost every weekend somewhere in the Tri-State (OH/KY/IN) area. I'm sure I can work out a week-end membership ;) if it is a club only event.

The Ohio Valley rarely has too much rock beyond the creek-beds. The obstacles are washed out ravines and down-trees. While it sounds like this isn't much of a challenge... trust me it can be as it is never dry and the soil is heavy clay-based. 2-doors seem to rule the trails around here as many of the hills have very sharp break-overs but aren't long enough to yield the advantages found with a longer wheel-base. You will need either some lift and/or speed to skip the belly of a 4-door at the top.

Rollincoal420

What's the status on this trip? We are talking about this these new trails on our local club and a couple of us are talking about checking it out in the near future?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jelliott076

This looks like it's going to be a fun one. I'll be looking forward to the pictures and tales from the trails. Be safe and have a blast brother! :thumb:

seanb123

I've been wanting to run these trails I just can't seam to pinpoint where the trails start. If it is with in reasonable distance I'd love to go

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Sorry i haven't updated this ... Service is seriously lacking where I am at. I couldn't make it over to WV to do this run. My tranny went out on my rig mid-vacation. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom