Hard Top Transportation

LAJK

Im going to pick up a hard top for my JKU and was conserned on what's the best way to haul it on a flat bed trailer? Has anyone done this? Any input would be appreciated

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Why not just take your jeep and put it on?

For a trailer, I would find something soft for it to rest on and just make sure its tied down well.

jesse3638

Hooked
I would take my jeep if it was a little more highway friendly.
Just go slow..;).

Also I'd maybe have it facing backwards and ensure the back glass is securely being held closed and protected from any flying rocks or road debris. I'd hate to see that fly open at highway speeds.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
You'll want to have solid support braces for the sides if you lay it on its top or if you lay it straight down something to support the top overhang and the sides from moving.
Use the bolt holes and attach cross members then run one piece diagonal to keep the sides from shifting around.
You don't want them flexing and cracking that glass

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
You'll want to have solid support braces for the sides if you lay it on its top or if you lay it straight down something to support the top overhang and the sides from moving.
Use the bolt holes and attach cross members then run one piece diagonal to keep the sides from shifting around.

jesse3638

Hooked
Didn't even think of that. All the reason to transport it on the jeep..;)

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
The other benefit of using the Jeep to pick it up is that you will get all of the proper hardware needed to install the hard top.

I would drive the Jeep. Try to make it a fun experience instead of just picking up a hard top!

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

LAJK

I ended up driving the jeep. Was a 500 mile round trip but worth it for the price of the top! IMG_0150.jpg

Top Bottom