Old build Gtony12 2 Door, see new thread for JL build

gtony12

Caught the Bug
:thinking: Well I never started a Build on my Jeep so I thought I would start one and update as I go. I encluded the first few mods and mishapp (2012 2 door sport) :yup:

Added KC lights and Light mounts
KC light.jpg

Then Accident 5 months after buying Jeep
Accident.JPG

Than over 3 months later finished rebuild
Fixed.jpg

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Update again added on board air Quick air II, Thank you Eddie! :thumb:
onboard air.jpg

I wired the air to a terminal strip under the hood, trying to keep wires looking nice and easy access.
Under hood Terminal.jpg

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Update, reminder I did some of these earlier this year and adding to build.

Installed Rubi Coils and shocks

2.5 RC spacer lift2.jpg

Added 2.5" series II Rough Spacer lift
2.5 RC spacer lift1.jpg

After lift
20140102_131818.jpg

JKWrang

Ohhh sorry to hear abiut the accident.. what did you hit? Thats some interesting damage (no fender or bumper impact? )

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Ohhh sorry to hear abiut the accident.. what did you hit? Thats some interesting damage (no fender or bumper impact? )

My jeep was hit when a BIG RIG tire broke free from its trailer heading south and came cross the center divider onto freeway heading north and hit me.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Updates Added a Teraflex front bumper (Thank you Frank)
TeraFlex Bumper1.jpg

Home Made bracket for the vacuum pump
TeraFlex Bumper2.jpg

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Added CB, home made mount and Rubi Rim/tires (thank you grennmoster)
How it looks now!
Cb1.jpg
CB2.jpg
How it looks now!
Now Rubi Rims.jpg

All caught up for now and will add more as I go! (Have some wiring post to add)

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yep, I was the only one in jeep. minor injuries. I am still fighting with there insurance for reimbursement!:icon_crazy:

They won't reimburse you for a freaking tire smashing your front end! :shock: What did they say? Your Jeep wasn't protected enough becuase you cut your front bumper? :shock::cheesy: Glad to hear that it was only minor injuries. :thumb:

JKWrang

Yea I suspected it was something like that. Glad you were fine. That musta been a scary moment

gtony12

Caught the Bug
They won't reimburse you for a freaking tire smashing your front end! :shock: What did they say? Your Jeep wasn't protected enough becuase you cut your front bumper? :shock::cheesy: Glad to hear that it was only minor injuries. :thumb:

I replaced the bumper, but didn't help :cheesy: the problem is there is 3 insurance companys and they are fighting with each other but I am the one out all the money!:thinking: I had to get a lawyer, hes working on it.:thumb:

I replaced the bumper, but didn't help :cheesy: the problem is there is 3 insurance companys and they are fighting with each other but I am the one out all the money!:thinking: I had to get a lawyer, hes working on it.:thumb:

I can tell you truck insurance companies are hard to deal with. It could be a long battle, don't give up.
I had a guy back into us at a truckstop one night about 3 yrs ago and we're still fighting over it. The kicker is he has the same insurance company as us, go figure.

Last edited:

JKWrang

Well when he wins for their negligence they have to pay more. Sounds like youre gonna luck out in the end, hate to say.

Edit - meaning it sucks you had to be hit but youll probably be better off later

Top Bottom